New Simmers: Introduce Yourself!

Hi @JediMindTrex ,

Welcome here!
I might be able to help you and/or guide you in the right direction. You can DM (direct message) me to discuss how we approach this.

I would also advice searching the forums for issues you’re having concerning your peripherals and/or look for YouTube tutorials for setting up peripherals and graphic settings.

Sleevezipper

1 Like

Hello! I’m new here but I’ve been playing flight sims since the ZX Spectrum and MS Flight Sim since it was on the 386… great to see it’s back. I’m playing it on an old Xeon-based system which I picked up recently for a fraction of its original price but it has a GTX 1080 in it. I’m using a Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 (and I remember playing Birds of Prey with a frame rate like a slide show on an Amiga which had a processor similar to that which is in this old joystick).

Just discovered Little NavMap.

I’m English but I’ve been living in Italy for what feels like about half my life now. Nearest field is probably LILB but I’ll be interested if the Italy world update has the Como Aeroclub seaplane hangar implemented (I’ve had a real flight there). The game’s version of Milan is already well worth a visit and arrivals from the north over the Alps are spectacular. (Try something like ECBI-LIME with a direct arrival and the ILS 28-W approach).

Other than that I like tea and swing dancing.

Best,

Danny.

4 Likes

Oy! Mate! Glad to see my first Aussie on this forum! ( of carse, possible that there are hundreds, I’ve only just started, so to speak).

I’d like to compliment you on the rig shown in your post! Very impressive!

Welcome to the forum! I look forward to many happy days here as everyone learns together about what at this point appears to be a great leap ahead for simmers/contributors. As we do so, I will most likely ask some dumb questions myself, but I pledge to freely share any knowledge I gain to other newbies.

Flew FS9 (Century of Flight) until FSX came out. Now hoping I stick around long enough to help MSFS2020 flourish.

G’Day!
BUSHP04

2 Likes

I just want to ask a few presales questions if I may:
I need the PC version and when I try to buy it at the Microsoft Store it is not clear whether I am buying the PC version or XBOX version. I thought these versions are different?
Is there any reason to buy from the Steam store? I have not bought there before.
If I buy now what updates will I be able to get in future?
Does the standard version have the same high res graphics as other versions?
I have an i7-7700K and a GTX1060 3 GB will I be able to use best high res graphics?

1 Like

Hi @JADEMANN

If you buy Flight Simulator through the Windows Store you will have both the PC version and the Xbox version of the game. This doesn’t apply to the Steam version of the game. If you’re not already a Steam user I don’t think there’s any big advantage over the MS Store version.

Microsoft Flight Simulator will receive, and has been receiving periodic updates over time, including world updates and sim updates as well as other free or payed content.

There is no graphical difference between the Standard, Deluxe and Premium Deluxe versions. The difference between these versions are hand crafted airports and planes. So, basically just content differences.

Depending on what kind of screen resolution you are playing I would guess that you’ll be able to play between medium and high settings. Don’t worry though, as this will still look beautiful.
For the best high resolution graphics (4K at Ultra settings) you need a more powerful PC/graphic card.

Hope this answers all your questions. Hope to see you in the virtual skies soon :slightly_smiling_face:!

1 Like

Hey, I’m Sam. I’m a keen follower of the MSFS, currently playing on PC.
I had to build a new gaming PC just to make sure there are no hiccups in my flying.
I’ve played previous versions starting from MSFS '98 to the new version.
My main interest is learning how to fly the passenger jets like the Airbus A320, and the 747 Jumbo Jet.

3 Likes

Hey, new here! Started with MSFS looking for the real feel, did some space flight games before…but now want to fly in the “real world” :slight_smile:
see you!

4 Likes

Hello Jummi
I’ve used a FS for years. But would like to learn more about the A320 Airbus. I’m on XBox s. Using the controller. Need to learn all the commands!

4 Likes

Hi, Smithy here…Am new to MFS and running on a high end PC.

Keen to learn as much as I can from everyone.

Cheers,
Smithy.

4 Likes

Hi all, I have just bought this flight sim for my 8 year old son to experience the joy of flying an aircraft. He wishes to play multiplayer games but since none of his mates in his group of friends have bought this game, he doesn’t have an option. Does anyone know of a club or group safe enough for a kid of his age group to join please? Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

Hi @HiCarDrifter,
I personally don’t know of any groups for kids, but you could post this in Clubs and Groups.

1 Like

Hi Hester, thanks for your prompt reply. I will do as mentioned and wait for the feedback.

Moderator Translation:
Hello from Italy, I’m maurizio and I’ve been playing at the MSFS for several years but in a very easy way, I love flying and walking around the world that I will hardly be able to see live; I had a question to ask about the Cessna Longitude aircraft model installed in the game, I do not know how to increase the brightness of the dashboard panels, they always remain weak to see during the day and practically illegible at night. If anyone can help me, thank you all and have a good flight.
maurizio

Ciao dall’italia, sono maurizio e gioco al MFSF da diversi anni ma in modo molto easy, adoro volare e fare giretti per il mondo che difficilmente potrò vedere dal vivo; avevo una domanda da fare a riguardo il modello di aereo Cessna Longitude installato nel gioco, non so come aumentare la luminosità dei pannelli della plancia, restano sempre deboli da vedere di giorno e praticamnte illeggibili di notte. Se qualcuno mi può aiutare, grazie a tutti e buon volo.
maurizio

3 Likes

Hello Smithy. Kinda, sorta new myself. Flying the A320 Airbus and F-18 Hornet.
Would love to fly with you! I’m on XBox s
Name is Rich

1 Like

Thanks Steve

1 Like

Hey all, my name is VanillaSnake21. I’m joining you from Brooklyn, New York to try and get some advice on how to get started with MSFS 2020. I’m curently having some issues with it and would love to get some help in getting them sorter. I’m currently playing on PC with the goal of eventually getting my private pilot license. I’ve been mostly studying flight controls and instrumentation layouts as of this point, but looking forward to expanding my knowledge to new areas. Thanks, and looking forward to meeting you all!

4 Likes

Hello Snake. My name is Rich. Running an XBox s series. Flying the Cessna 172, a320 Airbus and F-18 Hornet.
Would love to help you with the flt sim. I’m in Juneau, Alaska

1 Like

Good morning, I am retired, living in Ohio, USA. I have a new XBox S and installed a new Hotas stick as the controller. I am new to XBox and MSFS. I would like to do flight training but when the training module loads, it does not play. The first screen of each chapter loads, but no buttons on the controller or the Hotas sticks do anything, except the B button that backs me out of the intro screens. The stick and controller works for other flying, but the flight training is not running. Any ideas? Thanks,

3 Likes

Hi, you can call me Sasha, or if you don’t like that, and to paraphrase the Paul Simon song, you can call me Al
I am playing Microsoft Flight Simulator on a PC.
I’ve been a flight simmer since FS98 and I sim on MSFS, P3D and XP11.
I’m trying to learn how to get the most out of my sim and have it more like what I’m used to (FSX/P3D & XP).

3 Likes

That was funny. :sweat_smile:
Welcome Al!