New Simmers: Introduce Yourself!

Hi All
I have just re-introduced myself to MSFS from the old addition many years ago. I downloaded the free Standard edition via XBox to my PC to see if it will work on my computer before committing to either of the next two grades. Local PC shop said my specs were OK but still get a ‘does not met minimum requirements’ warning. Although the game generally plays OK , there does seem to be some gremlins to overcome. I’m sure members of this forum will help me out bit-by-bit.
I look forward to learning a lot from you. Thank you for having me.

3 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Microsoft joystick sidewinde2 force feedback

Hi, You can call me Bernhard.
I’m playing Microsoft Flight Simulator on PC
I use X-Plane 11 too an d I’m interested in gathering different experiences.
I try to figure out how the simulator works.

1 Like

Welcome GameHeart
I’m on XBox s Series. Fly the a320 Airbus and the F-18 Hornet

My name is Rich

I’m also returning to the Flight Sim world. I used to be around Flight Simulators back in the times of Michael Zyskowski (Zee),Aces Studio and ESP (not many will remember that).

Due to a very serious injury stopping my main interest for the moment (riding bikes), I’ve jumped back into FS now I have a computer capable to run it well. It’s very nice to use this modern Flight Simulator for virtual sight-seeing, particular for places I’ve been to before:

I haven’t flown over there in real life, but I’ve ridden up and down that road (it is very famous) on a bicycle. It’s hard work going up and scary fast going down (85km/h). It’s pretty amazing now to be able to see it on a computer sim. I took off from Nice, flew up to St Etienne de Tinee then followed the road up from there. Also other locations like Megeve or Courchevel are also quite accurate to real life. Flight Sim in the old days wasn’t anything like this. :slight_smile:

In old times I used to use mainly MD-11, 777-300ER, 747-400 and 737-800 in FSX (all the PMDG planes). I also had a very realistic Concorde and knew that plane very well (navigate using INS).

In FS2020 I’m flying whatever is suitable for my sightseeing flights, something with propellers or a small jet (Honda Jet). I’ve got the Fly By Wire A320 - the first time I’ve tried any Airbus plane in a sim. It’s pretty amazing they are doing A380 as well.

2 Likes

Hello forfiet. I fly the a320 also. Am retired on most days. Add me to you list.
I’m in Alaska
My name is Rich

2 Likes

Howdy Y’all, not a new simmer but returning since playing FSX back in 2010!

Hi, you can call me: Craxxen/John
I am playing Microsoft Flight Simulator on: Mostly PC but sometimes XBSX (Gamepass Ult)
I want to try flight simulation because: Flying planes is fun and gives a unique perspective on the world we live in.
I’m most interested in learning about _____ in Microsoft Flight Simulator: Flying a plane. lol. But in all seriousness, looking to re-sharpen my knowledge on IFR flights & ILS landings, maybe joining vatsim oneday.

2 Likes

Hello Craxman. I’m on XBox s Fly the a320 Airbus. My name is Rich
Gamertag Gloomylake935935

1 Like

Hello Sofa.
My name is Rich. I’m in Alaska, using XBox s been flying different
Flight Sim for years. Welcome to MSFS.

1 Like

Hello Rothers88. My name is Rich. Welcome to MSFS. I’m in Alaska. On XBox S. I fly the a320 Airbus, learning the F-18 Hornet. I’m retired so I’m on most days

1 Like

Hey Colesy19, what’s your MSFS username?

Dazzy.

Newby, 60 days ago. KTPL, Temple TX. Like, the Icon AN5. Great little plane for site seeing.
Blue Skies, Y’all. Engineer Tom and/or Tommy Hughes on discord.

3 Likes

I’m not a new simmer but I’m in the mood today to introduce myself somehow :wink:

I’m Markus, living next to ETNNs 07 approach. I played simulators since I was ~10 starting with Flight Unlimited II before moving to FS2000, FS8, FS9, FSX, XP9, XP10, XP11 and finally MSFS (all on PC).

Besides these I also used LOMAC and IL2 on flight simming but I also got a soft spot for city and transit simulators like Cities Skylines plus the GTA series. On top I sometimes create 3D objects and vehicles and code a bit on configs (also for MSFS). I like to give things I use some individual touch.

Besides gaming I’m a real life QA engineer/test automation engineer and test manager for a living who studied informatics as well as “communication and multimedia design” - if that’s not enough: I’m also a trained electrician from back in the days :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I am T.ogiwara from Tokyo Japan.
I have been enjoying msfs from msfs x.
Now, l play msfs2020 on Xbox siresx instead of msfs x on pc.
It is difficult to know how to manipulate aircraft on Xbox, because there is not flight manual .
I have decided to subscribe this forum, it is because of that.
l want to know information about msfs, especially aircraft.
I am interested in VSTOL aircraft. I am looking forward to release of harrier military aircraft.
Thank you

4 Likes

Name is Robert. Have nearly 100 hours sim flight time thus far. Looking to share approach configurations for aircraft and would like to see others approach configurations.

5 Likes

Name is David. On an XBox Series X. I had a flight simulator on a PC years and years ago, this one is unbelievable compared to what I once used.
I also so a lot of sim racing, mostly Project Cars 2, but enjoy several others. I do find flying much more relaxing. I am retired USAF, did not fly but always enjoyed the aircraft. I fly mostly GA, love the C172.

3 Likes

Alex, been a simmer since the version before Flight Simulator for windows 95. As most of us, huge passion for aviation and love anything flightsim related.

3 Likes

Welcome Alex, I hope you enjoy MSFS as much as you did the other sims. Have fun and maybe untill later in the virtual skies!

2 Likes

Hi David,
I hope you enjoy the GA in MSFS a bit. Lot of things changed last 4 decades. Sometimes it makes me even feel old, but Iam glad I can experience this massive progress in technology.
If you have any questions, dont hesitate to ask. There is a lot of knowledge over here.
Take care and blue skies!

1 Like

Hi Markus,
Well always good to hear the background of the simmers over here, even if they are around for a while allready.
Hope you can put a bit of creativity in the sim a bit. Iam really excited to see what 3d objects you developed and dont be afraid to share some sneak peaks here at the forum. The positive reactions can really boost the confidence and can stimulates your projects or enthousiam.
Anyway hope you will enjoy MSFS for a long time to come and keep the great things comming :slight_smile:

2 Likes