New Simmers: Introduce Yourself!

Welcome everyone! Hope you enjoy your time here!

1 Like

Hello iā€™m Kalina
I am playing Microsoft Flight Simulator on: PC
I want to try flight simulation because: I would love to become a pilot
Iā€™m most interested in learning avionics as much as possible in Microsoft Flight Simulator

5 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m Neppo and iā€™m Italian (Zio Neppo means ā€œuncle Neppoā€, from Nepher, the Nick i usually use in games.
I am playing Microsoft Flight Simulator on: PC sinceā€¦ forever! Iā€™m quite old, and i still remind the very first version of the game!
I want to try flight simulation because: well, iā€™m an air traffic controller, and former military pilot, so i enjoy to fly military aircraft and some small propeller just for fun. In FSX i made the full world tour in real time with an mb339, airport to airport, and it was amazing! At the moment iā€™m testing what we have , before my old pc exploded i was making some flights already, now i have a new gaming laptop, my HOTAS is still fine so, letā€™s fly!!!
Iā€™m most interested in learning aboutā€¦ in Microsoft Flight Simulator: well, things changed with this sim, itā€™s already great, but it can improve more and more! Iā€™m curious to see if Asobo will listen to the community, as itā€™s very important in a game like msfs!!!

hope to make new friends guys, if you see me online, come close to shake wings :wink:

Neph

4 Likes

Gā€™day from Chicago! You can call me Chi Town Cez.
Iā€™m getting MSFS for Christmas this year from my brother and canā€™t wait.
Growing up I always wanted to fly jets, so here is my (virtual) chance.
I won the original FS 1.0 in a raffle in the mid-'80s and have been intrigued ever since. I did not take full advantage of it back then, barely touched it - kinda wish I still had it, though.
Iā€™m here to learn the basics and then fly the big jets across the world.
Canā€™t wait to connect with this community.
Over and out!

4 Likes

Cheers from Chicago @ZioNeppo! Very cool that you have air traffic controller and military experience.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums @Blueged, @KaMz87, @UsableCrane3710, @Aerojive, @kalinacer, @ZioNeppo, and @ChiTownCez!

Itā€™s great to have you and to see the diverse set of sim experience and IRL aviation experience, too!

Feel free to dive in, join a community flight, participate in a discussion, etc. My name is Jayne and I, along side some other great people, help run the forums.

Cheers :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m Mako252. I am new to all of this and know enough about PCā€™s and gaming to get myself in trouble. I have MSFS installed on a PC and have yet to get it to run successfully due to graphics card shutting it down. I want to use MSFS because my career was in aviation and always enjoyed flying.

2 Likes

Welcome @Mako2527415 !

I hope you will get the sim running! If you need any help feel free to reach out here on the forums and be sure you read the support pages.

(Hopefully) See you in the virtual skies!

Hello Everyone I just started FS on a PC. Iā€™m getting into it fairly well but now want to start using the Garmin G1000.

Iā€™m stuck currently in trying to set up a flight plan on the 1000 but having trouble.

I know I use the lower right side of the panel for do this but for some reason after I select the FLP button the flight plan window opens but I cannot enter any letters into the origin line with the FMS dial.

Can anyone help out a newbie on this. Iā€™m sure itā€™s operator error of some sort.

Thanks.
Legro

3 Likes

Greeting All, Iā€™m jamesccac

Iā€™m on PC

Used to fly small plane. That was a lifetime ago, three decades. Never lost the itch. Seeing how advanced & real MSFS is, Iā€™m hooked. Its amazing.

Because I am not a gamer or computer guru, what Iā€™m looking to get from the forum is a resource that will be patient with simple & basic questions. Too many time there is an assumption of prior knowledge that adds to the confusion.

3 Likes

Hi @Legro51 and welcome!!

To activate the cursor in the G1000 you have to press the FMS dial. It has an inner and outer knob that you can turn, but you can also press it it depends on what controller you are using how to do this, if youre using mouse its probably hold left mouse button and press right mouse button.

Hope this helps. If it doesnā€™t, feel free to reach out directly to our copilots (me). Also there are a couple of great tutorial videos on the G1000 here.

Good luck and happy flying!

3 Likes

Hi @jamesccac and thank you for introducing!

There is a wide range of users here varying from beginners to experts on all kinds of subjects. MSFS can be quite complex sometimes, especially if youā€™re not really used to gaming or using computers that much. Weā€™re all here to help another. Iā€™m convinced that thereā€™s always someone that can help answer your questions. Feel free to ask!

Happy flying!

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply. I did go to the store and downloaded the update for the G1000. I exited FS and restarted the game. Unfortunately, I still cannot enter any numbers into the Flight Plan window. I am using a PC so I highlight the lower portion of the FMS dial with my left mouse button to move the cursor in the flight plan window up and down and the smaller portion of the FMS dial to try to enter the numbers into the Flight Plan window. Neither dial will move or allow any changes into the window. Any other ideas on what Iā€™m doing wrong?

Its always difficult to pinpoint whatā€™s going wrong exactly.
Can you take a look at this video from the 16:00 minute mark and tell me if you can get the flashing bar going on that happens from 16:10 after he presses the FMS knob? And if so, if you can follow what heā€™s doing up to about 17:10?

If you canā€™t get the flashing bar, youā€™re probably not using the right button/command to press the FMS knob (press, not turn) and you have to look at what your mouse interaction buttons are.

If you have discord I would also advise to go to the msfs official discord help&support channel and ask for some help there. As it is probably easier to help and troubleshoot with someone actually in the sim and have direct feedback.

Good luck!

Hi you can call me AviatorPaul
I,m having issues with hondajet and looking for some guidance

3 Likes

Hi @AviatorPaul and welcome to the forums!

If itā€™s the Hondajet specifically I would recommend going to their forums/discord for guidance or use the search function on this forum to search for topics on the Hondajet to get you to the right place.

Good luck!

1 Like

I am in need of some guidance. I first had Flight Sim in 1986 or so. My latest version was FSX . I am a retiree and recently upgrade my laptop to a Lenovo Thin 7i Prox X with a 12700 cpu, 32 gb ram, I tb ssd and integrate Nvidia 3050 GPU. I put FSX on my new machine but wanted to purchase FS 2020 40th. When I use FSX it runs at 40 to 50fps and then suddenly drops to 0 and the software crashed. I would like to find out if FS 40 is going to even tax my machine more. I realize my current system may get too hot as it isnā€™t a Tower of gaming laptop.

Some input is appreciated. Iā€™m an old ā– ā– ā– ā–  over 70 but donā€™t want to waste my money.

1 Like

Welcome @AzureLearner809 to the forums.

You may want to post this inquiry in this category for advice.

3 Likes

Hi, you can call me: Lima
I am not playing Microsoft Flight Simulator at the moment.
I want to try flight simulation because: I had a traumatic flight, and because of that, it has been very painful to perform the flights. So my idea is to join a VR set and decrease my anxiety
So for this I kindly ask your help

5 Likes

Hi. Iā€™ve been flight simming for years in fsx but a recent new pc build means I can finally run MSFS. It looks fantastic, with so many places to go I think the only problem is where to start!

3 Likes