New Simmers: Introduce Yourself!

MortThe2nd is a great helper. Use him.

2 Likes

Hello everyone! I have been simming since MS Flight Simulator 98 and absolutely thrilled to see the progression and improvements since over last two decades. Presently playing MSFS 2020 on PC and loving it.

Regards,
Usman.

6 Likes

Hello!

My name is Jeremy
Gamertag: Bethersonton

I live in St. Louis, MO, the airport closest to me is Downtown St. Louis, KCPS.

Iā€™m on an XBOX Series S. I havenā€™t played a MSFS since about 1995 and after toying around with it last nightā€¦Iā€™m pretty pumped.

8 Likes

Thanks, I sort of suspected that higher fps implied faster sampling of control inputs and dynamic responses, but I have not been able to tell difference between 30 and 60 fps. I will try to be more critical and see if I can find any reason to upgrade my system, which so far I nhave not.
Cheers!!

Impressive setup!!

1 Like

If you need a reason to upgrade your system go with fidelity. If youā€™re happy with your frames at the highest possible graphic settings. Then you donā€™t really have a reason to upgrade.

Hi, you can call me: Enki

I am Flying Microsoft Flight Simulator on: Xbox Series S and Windows 10 PC

I want to try flight simulation because: I flew Flight Sim 95 en-route to obtaining my Private Pilots license and would like resume training.

Iā€™m most interested in learning about Flight Planning in Microsoft Flight Simulator: O52 Sutter County Airport is my home base.

8 Likes

Hi there,
My nickname is Feudaltuna (but you can call me Matt :sweat_smile:).
Iā€™m a Xbox player, used to fly with MFS since when I was a child on PC.
Iā€™m so happy to be sole to play again: aviation has always been one of my favorite hobbies.
I hope to find many useful advice here and Iā€™m eager to buy, as soon it is available, a better controller to improve.

6 Likes

Hi and welcome to the community!

This was exactly how I started in MSFS, also coming from the FS98, FS2004 and FS-X :slight_smile:

There are tons of tutorials and information to be found on the forums here and on the internet to broaden your knowledge on a lot of different subjects that helped me really understand more of the planes, VFR/IFR, charts and flying in general.

If youā€™re looking for a community or group, you can find that here too (in the ā€œFly Togetherā€ category.

And, as I say to anyone here, feel free to reach out here as we are more than willing to help!

Happy flying!

1 Like

Hey yā€™all. Iā€™m a senior in college and I used to play MSFS X on my dads old work computer as a kid. I really want to get into MSFS 2020 but I cant find reliable information on what I need to run it. I have a Windows 10 HP laptop with 163GB of storage left with AMD Ryzen 5 3500U processor and 12GB of RAM. Will this be enough to run the game? If not what do I need to upgrade? I was wondering if I could just buy the game and have it saved on a flash drive in case I end up buying a new PC. Iā€™m on a pretty tight budget and donā€™t really know if there any options available to me to play this game properly. Would really appreciate any help you can give Iā€™m having so much fomo watching other people play. Thanks guys!

3 Likes

Evening all. Back into Flight Simulator for the first time since FS 2000 after having got FS 2020 for my Xbox this week. Got sooo much to learn but very eager to learn and get better. Always wanted to get a pilotā€™s licence but never had the spare funds so this is a close enough second for me.

My Xbox gamertag is okisoldave if anyone wants to add me, and my local airport is Sherburn-in-Elmet.

Itā€™s a pleasure to be part of the community :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Hello, this game is my first flying simulator in general, Iā€™ve been playing on Series X through Game Pass and really enjoying the game. Sadly I have a very critical weather bug and will have to stop playing until is it fixed, otherwise really blown away by the sheer scope and beauty of this game!

4 Likes

Hi folks - loving the xbox experience since I cannot afford a PC with high end graphics. But being an avid astronomer, I love the night flying esp the stars and clouds. I am not sure how to create new post on this site either. I wanted to ask in the scenery section of MSFS2020 if they can update the Chile maps. I was locating the observatories for a research project and there are just houses or rather buildings where the domes are suppose to be which is unfortunate. Would be nice to update it. keep up the good work.

6 Likes

Welcome to MSFS!

There are many topics regarding (buying) laptops. Personally I cant advise if MSFS works out on your current computer. One thing i know for sure, dont play the ā€œit fits just bearly on my pc so it will work greatā€ game. There is a specs list that gives an indication on how MSFS will do it on particular rigs (see down below). Offcourse its just an indication. with the new update (and if everything works accordingly again) you should have a better performance than before. Like with every product you buy; what are your expectations and is it wise to invest now in a lower end pc or save a bit and buy a better one later. Just like cars, the moment you buy one, the next day a better one is allready available.
Buying a the sim first and the hardware later, is what i did before as well when i was low on budget, just to keep dreaming a bit. But thats just up to you. Keep in mind a lot of worldupdates have been released and addons are available which consume a lot of diskspace as well.

Welcome to the wonderfull world of msfs.
Feel free to create a new topic. here are some guidelines Quick Guide & Forum Formatting - Student Pilots / Forum Guide - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Blue skies!

2 Likes

VATSIM or IVAO would be your way to go. They are both open and free ATC solutions for various flight simulators.

VATSIM seems to be more popular. You can register as a VATSIM controller and you will be instructed and tested and then released as a controller.

You do not need a flight simulator to work as a controller, just the free software provided by VATSIM.

Also, your ATC services are not simulator specific, but apply to all pilots that join the VATSIM network (independent of the flight simulator used).

Same applies to IVAO.

PilotEdge is a professional premium service where controllers get paid, but requirements for controllers to join are more demanding.

My name is Gary. The tag, FlyWarEagle, comes from having been a pilot and a grad of Auburn.

I hold airplane instrument single engine (land and sea), multiengine land ratings. My instructor ratings lapsed years ago.

Iā€™m on an Xbox series X.

Current issues are getting cameras setup so I can see the instruments and outside comfortably.

All of the planes Iā€™ve flown have round dial technology so glass cockpits are taking some getting used to. But Iā€™m having fun!

7 Likes

Be welcome Gary.
I knew the XBox would enrich the community. Glad to have you here.

1 Like

Let me add here the new POSCON network, theyā€™re growing up and deserve mention :slight_smile:

Super helpful. Thanks so much!