New Simmers: Introduce Yourself!

Hi, new to the MSFS and the forum, Xbox series s hardware and old Panasonic plasma TV. I’ve not been able to find where I post a help question relating to small loss of picture on the boundary graphics screen, I’m not able to change vertical or horizontal picture in TV or Xbox settings, is there a way to adjust in-game? Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere I’ve looked but maybe have used the correct search terms, and thank you in advanced to anyone who can direct me to a tread and or explain who and where I post this question. Cheers

2 Likes

Hi @TONYDARKZERO !

Welcome to the forums!
Regarding your question; when the image doesn’t seem to fit on the TV it’s most likely a TV setting. Does it happen in other games too? As far as I know you can’t scale the image in the game itself.

If you’re not able to find a setting on your TV, you could try XBox support.

Hope you’ll find a solution and if you need any assistance you can DM me and I’ll see what I can do.

Happy flying!

1 Like

Hi @y3ralolinha !

Welcome to the community. Happy to hear you’re enjoying the sim!

Is the ATC enabled in the options menu? Look under traffic / sound and data if all options regarding ATC are enabled.

If you need more assistance, try searching the forums or feel free to DM me!

Happy flying!

Sleevezipper

Hi @MInotka3770 !

Welcome aboard! Glad to hear you’re enjoying flying in your beautiful county!

See you in the skies!

Sleevezipper

1 Like

Hi my name is ImzQuacki and my call sign is Quack. I am new to the flight simulator world that is MSFS I’ve been watching some YouTube videos on MSFS mostly funny vids and people looked like they are having a blast playing this. Im no hardcore simmer nor do i know any of the complex words of pilots but i do know how to take off still need work on land although im getting better at it. Like i said im no hardcore simmer i just play for fun and want to have a blast with some other pilots and do some role-plays. So with that being said im looking forward to crossing paths with you guys in the skies. This is Quack singing out have a good one👍

Im flying on Xbox series S

5 Likes

Hey everyone, im new to the game, im currently playing on a Xbox series X. Absolutely love the game/simulator, and have been eagerly waiting for MSFS to come to a console format for years lol… now finally have it… game is amazing, only issue like many ,many other people ive seen is the Tflight HOTAS one flight stick … why is this so broken? Cant even configure it to the game that it’s ment for lol :joy:… anyway love the game and know the issues will be fixed soon enough

5 Likes

HI, I’ve been using Microsoft Flight Sim on and off clear back to the late 80’s. I’ve been out of it for some time and am enjoying most of the new version. I’ll get into the issues I’m running into and needing some guidance on in the correct forums. The graphics are outstanding, even enough to fool some relatives with a few screen shots that I was back into real flying again (also back in the late 80’s). I have a fairly nice setup and to the surprise of a few I’m sure they’ll even wonder how MSFS 2020 is running on my PC. My PC is a Dell Optiplex 990 i7-2600S at 2.7GHz, 32GB of ram, an NVIDIA GTX 970/4GB, and a Crucial MX500 2TB SSD. For displays I have 4 32" Samsung curved monitors. I know, low end system but it works. I can run ultra on a single monitor, but if I kick in all four I do have to go to medium setting. If I resize to only use half of the left and right screen going across the front to monitors I can go ultra and there’s just a little jitter, but nothing to be really bothered by.

Sincerely,
Flightman63

4 Likes

Tks @Sleevezipper I’ll try it. Nice to be welcomed to the community.

1 Like

I like elite dangerous.
It’s a bit grindy though.
They need to fix planetary landings.
So we can land on any planet :+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes

Hey there,

you can call me Volker, I am from germany and brand new to MSFS. I´ve installed it on XBox X via Gamepass but thinking about to buy the simulation.
The simulation is absolutely stunning and I like to get to now it as best as I can.
Right now I am dealing with a problem in flightschool (after I´ve passed the first level, it doesn´t proceed) but that´s why I am at the forum now…I will go on searching for a solution.

Best wishes from germany (near EDDS)

Volker

6 Likes

Hi,… You can call me gVg3. I’m new to MSFS and this forum. I’m having trouble with the load times for every challenge I pick. The loads slow down to a crawl- sometimes so much that I can’t use the system. I’m also starting to show ‘Community’ as a download in the profile section, but no way to install it is shown. I’ve done full reinstalls and it has not helped… Any suggestions,…??

1 Like

Hi, old guy here (48), live not too far from EGTK in the UK.
I have been messing about with FSX for a number of years (literally at airport ‘a’, enter destination ICAO in the gps, fly there, then try (and mostly fail) to line up to the runway to land. Enjoy a bit of everything from bush flying, sightseeing (flying past Niagara Falls, Pyramids etc.) to short (1 hour-ish) hops in airliners, all in a very casual manner.
Will be buying an xbox series s just for this sim (my pc has no chance of running it, lol), pity the t1600m isn’t compatible with Xbox so will get a hotas eventually.
After reading through some of the posts on here, it looks to be a really friendly community so have decided to try taking things to the next level once i start flying on this sim. Such as learning how to align to destination airports/airstrips to land properly instead of (no pun intended) winging it, instrument flying (something i have never even attempted), doing proper ils approaches and landings to get even more enjoyment from the sim/game.
I have joined the official discord and will have a look to hopefully find some kind of flying school to start learning. Thanks for reading, fly safe and have fun.

7 Likes

Hey Spaniel, at 48 you are not any old, especially in the context of flight simulation! :smiley:

The good news is, yes there are tons of resources to learn no matter your level, interest and pace.
Currently answering this post from my cell phone, but if you have any trouble finding good learning resources, gimme a shout and I can give you quite a few when on my computer.

Welcome!

2 Likes

Hey Spaniel, 48 is definitely not old, I fly with a lot of older simmers, so of them in their 70’s. It is a pity that T.16000m doesn’t work but the T-Flight Hotas does, and so do the TFRP’s. Which is wonderful always to get the full experience on the Xbox. There are lots of resources on FS2020 from the forums to Youtube. I went from know nothing, to doing a full start up and taxi with the Airliners, all thanks to the Forums, friends, twitch, and youtube.

• Badger

“Keep the blue side up”
- Kelsey (74 Gear)

2 Likes

Welcome to the world of flight simming. I hope you have fun and stay awhile.

• Badger

“Remember to keep the blue the side up” - Kelsey (74 Gear)

1 Like

I love this simulation very much.As a former virtual pilot, I can’t wait to use it on my Xbox x.

1 Like

Hi everyone,
I am new at Sim , I am using Xbox series X and a controller. I am doing the tutorial at the moment. Some commands are not on the controller like R
what can I do ? Do I need something else?
Thank you

2 Likes

Welcome to the group. Are U using a controller ?

Hi, you can call me: Casper
I’m playing MSFS2020 on my newly specced out PC, which i built myself (useless info haha)
I play this game because i love aviation, its my hobby and passion!
I’m interested in debugging and helping others as best as I can, whilst also seeking easy and quick help from this community!

Hope to see some of you around!

3 Likes

Howdy to All!
Mamneth here.
I’m new to MSFS 2020, although I’ve been playing around with it since April when I had my new PC constructed by a Local Tech. I’ve been watching YouTube & TwitchTV vids and would very much like to learn to Stream MSFS 2020 also. I started using a Thrustmaster Hotas One w/ Rudder Peddles, but upgraded to a Logatech Flight Yoke System w/ extra Throttle Quad for multi-engine aircraft since I am very much trying to master the Beechcraft Baron G58. My real-life Local Airport is KIKG on the Tx. Gulf Coast which is where I start most of my Flights from. CU in the Air!!!
My Rig

2 Likes