New to Honeycomb Bravo - No Lights

I have just started to use the Honeycomb Bravo TQ (alongside the Alpha Yoke - also new) and I have no lights at all on the TQ. My understanding is that this should work straight out of the box now and that no ‘configurator’, ‘AFC Bridge’ or other software is required to be downloaded for MSFS. I have successfully configured the yoke but I have searched, as best I can, for guidance on how to get the lights working to no avail. Before I get myself thoroughly confused can anyone offer advice please?

I have only, so far, tried the yoke and TQ on the Bonanza G36 Improvement Project aircraft and only on the ground with battery power on and no engine running.

You do need AFC Bridge but I’d recommend you use this as it’s much better. I have both installed but I believe BBL supersedes the bridge software either way.

3 Likes

Thanks JetWash1023. I spent an hour last night looking for a solution to this, couldn’t find a source for AFC Bridge and was a wee bit hesitant about the Better Bravo Lights as the description indicated that it was still in Beta :thinking:

Anyway, I went back to the sim this morning, straight after logging this post, intending to start the engine to see if that made any difference. I turned the battery on and, hey presto, all of the lights are working fine and dandy. Very odd, maybe it just needed a PC reboot. I did a quick 10 minute flight and found the yoke very strange after my T1600 stick, but everything worked as advertised - although my landing was a bit dodgy.

So, no AFC Bridge or other stuff necessary? On to configuring the Bravo later - and maybe the X Touch Mini needs a few tweeks too.

1 Like

Either way, I’d highly recommend BBL. Even though it is beta it’s worked flawlessly for me across a wife range of aircraft. It’s certainly better than the stock option.

1 Like

Gotcha, thanks. I’ll revisit that once I have everything sorted and working as I want, for now what I’ve got is good enough to be going on with.

1 Like

I’ve been using BBL for many months, and it works perfectly. You have to use their installer, which will put the files into the correct MSFS folder. They also include an uninstaller.

2 Likes