New tweaks for update 9, just perfect!

After buying the Fenix A320 and update 9 I was suffering with massive frame drop.
My system 11700k 3080 and reverb 2 was stuck in 22 fps with open xr toolkit.
After watching this movie I started following his leads and this led to a massive improvement on framerate. Highly recommendend!!
Quality is excellent and frames are back in the 30 and up in New York in VR.
Good luck tweaking all!!

3 Likes

Seems well researched findings. But I have similar system to him, surprised he would go with Terrain LOD at 170. I really like to try to be 250 or as close as I can get, at 170 I definitely notice the line where there are no buildings drawn and then them popping in as you get closer .

maybe it is because he is focusing on maximising FPS in 2d, whereas in VR if you can livewith 30fps (I can in the quest 2 via virtual desktop) then you can push the CPU intensive settings higher before breaching 30fps.

1 Like

Nothing magical here, at least not for me.

Have you tried the fenix?
Did you not notice performace degrade after update 9?
Don’t know youre system but in VR I had a massive hit on fps with the fenix and update 9.
This really made me realize to lower some settings and since I was running to much in Ultra it helped me to make it playable again in VR.

11700k 3080 32gb

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.