[NEW update 21/03/23 version 1.6.0] EGHN Sandown airport | craigr

|Category| regional airport|
|Cost| freeware |
|Category| Airport |
|Creator| craigr

Here is my newly released airport EGHN Sandown Airport on the Isle of Wight. Hope you like many many hours went into this airport. majority of objects and all buildings are my own handcrafted models.

if you wish to check out this add-on and download it, please follow the link below:
EGHN Isle Of Wight Sandown Airport » Microsoft Flight Simulator

10 Likes

So 1 person pointed out there is no ai aircraft at this airport. Believe this was caused by last minute change in which I made parking spaces as military spots to get rid of all the airport vehicles driving around.

I wonder do people prefer
Option 1: no ai aircraft and losing all the inappropriate airport vehicles.
Or
Option 2: have the ai aircraft but be stuck with lots of silly vehicles.

My understanding is that can’t currently add airport service files to airport add-ons without effecting all airports in sim. If someone knows different please point me in the right direction.

Just added an update to this airport. version 1.1.0
This newer version has aircraft traffic and vehicles for those that want them.
Tried to remove the service vehicles and keep planes spawning but wouldn’t work without effecting all other airports. So have made a version with and a version without added service vehicles and aircraft choice is yours.

1 Like

Hi Simmers just released new version 1.2.0
Please make sure to remove the previous version from your community folder as have changed the file name so may not get replaced by the new version when you add it to the community folder.

This update is to bring the airport closer to the most up to date layout thanks to some input from someone working at EGHN.
Changelog:
-added private airstrip.
-added AstroTurf sections though MSFS turns it in to normal grass but as close as I could make it look.
Large area of AstroTurf is a runway in real life but thought might cause problems in sim, as it overlaps the main runway. You can choose
to use it if you wish.
-re-textured the flying school building to the newer updated building.
-added an additional hangar near the rocket.
-changed the fencing around the rocket +added seating
-few subtle changes/improvements not worth mentioning.

new screenshots:

2 Likes

new update version 1.3.0
changelog:
Minor Update Just changed the material for something less shiny on the multiple green material hangars.

Probably last update for a little while, so I can work on EGHJ Bembridge airport on the Isle Of Wight.
Also make sure to check out my other just released EGRB Binstead airfield on the Isle Of Wight.

Just released a small update to version 1.4.0

-fixed issue where airport was showing as a seaport.
-fixed issue airport not showing on World map.
-added a missing hangar.

Can confirm this add-on works with SU10.

Have come across images of a newer layout of the airport, will hopefully update this at a future date after another project is complete. Still the most Accurate EGHN Sandown airport released in current state though.

Hi everyone Just to let people know on here I have just uploaded a new version to my EGHN Sandown airport.
New build is 1.4.1

small update nothing visual but important for better functionality.
Should fix runway 05 and 23 not being selectable in ATC menu.

Also hopefully has fixed the issue where the airport was showing as a water port for some users.
Works for me but won’t know if its fixed till get feedback from those with the issue previously.

1 Like

Just released update version 1.5.0 below is the changelog.

-Updated the airport to a more up to date layout.

-added tarmac section in nearby field.

-adjusted height of private airfield so less raised.

-removed numbers from private airfield.

-fixed gap under couple of green fabric hangars.

-added additional green fabric hangar that was missing.

-adjusted taxiway and aircraft parking spots.

-added carparking areas, so same cars won’t be parked in same location every visit. (number & location of cars will vary)

Make sure to check out my other Isle of Wight airport addon’s EGRB and EGHJ.

Just released version 1.6.0.
Due to sim update 12 had to make some changes mainly due to the new terraforming changes in the SDK.

Here is the list of changes:

• Removed all previous terraforms.
  • Had to flatten the airport area, as found it impossible to use the new terraform tool without leaving huge bumps on the terrain.
  • Had to reposition nearly every object I added to the airport.
  • Corrected scale of one of the picnic tables