New update problem

Hi Simmers,
Wondered if anyone had any problems after updating new release?I’m finding that my marketplace tab is shaded out and not been able to view items.Also a big one is when i goto the content manager there is nothing installed and says i need a newer version to be able to update all items.Problem is i do have the new version as i just downloaded it.There is no blue download button to click either.

Could do with some help and advice on how to solve this issue.

One last thing to mention is i have completely uninstall game through steam and all its contents and reinstalled the game but with the exact same issue.I’m i missing something here?

You will have to go into settings and options : General : Turn on the data and you will have to do some more settings …Some of the settings have been turned off you just need to turn them back on…Also If you have anything in your community folder to remove it , then put them back in and it should but if it still says “not Installed” it should still work regardless.

Sounds like you had some system hickups when you were downloading and/or installing. You and a million others were hitting the Asobo servers at the same time. Why don’t you just do a fresh reinstall and save yourself some major headaches. Worked for me, although I use MS and not Steam version.

Hi there!
To keep the forum organized, please use the #bugs-and-issues subcategories of the forum for seeking help. #bugs-and-issues

There are several topics related to a greyed out marketplace that you can contribute to. One is here:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/marketplace-greyed-out/339646

A search in the #bugs-and-issues for “marketplace”:
Search results for ‘marketplace category:200’ - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Thank you!