AUGUST 27TH, 2020 Development Update

Feel free to use this topic to discuss this week’s update.

47 Likes

I was hoping for some more fixes around the broken weather and autopilot systems.
So nothing on the horizon to resolve those issues… Wow

64 Likes

Little surprised that no other issues even got a mention, let alone future plan for fixes

36 Likes

thats is a joke really??? PATCH NOTES rofl Autopilot not fix xD

19 Likes

It’s probably on the horizon but not as close as you thought.
Getting people to actually being able to run the sim is first prio for sure. Also while this patch is being tested, devs usually work already on the next one. Be patient.

33 Likes

It’s a start, but still lots of work, bug fixes, performance improvements to be done. It is sensible that they are prioritising installation issues first but come on Microsoft! Is that all the fixes you’ve managed to do

5 Likes

I am just happy about the simconnect issue being fixed!

53 Likes

Here for all the mad people that thought every single bug was going to be fixed in the first shot…

57 Likes

Such CTD and installation issues are hard to reproduce and test, so I think once the heavy weight is out of the way, the pace with functional fixes/improvements will bump up.

11 Likes

Updates are supposed to be released every month? This is pretty disappointing if we have to wait a whole 'notha month before the next update… :unamused:

6 Likes

This is a patch. Not a sim or world update.

9 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

32 Likes

It’s usually about communication and how messages are delivered, not the actual content.

Realistically, this is a great set of fixes and a need to do priority for a large majority of users, however, I’m noticing a trend where communication is lacking and weak in regards to other large"r" known issues around said, weather, autopilot, missing features, buttons missing within cockpits, so on and so forth - items such as this.

I think we’d just like further clarification and recognition of those issues and a time-frame (we do not need September 24th, 2020), but would be nice to know if it’s within the upcoming or following sprints (say within 2 months).

Regardless, thank you, for what could be a truly amazing experience as the product matures.

12 Likes

Agree a list with all bugs/issues that have been identified by the community. Some recognition from Microsoft wouldn’t go a miss!

2 Likes

Not fixed… but addressed. I’m quite happy with them fixing issues so people can get it running and fixing sim connect.

But not at least address live weather, the lack of properly working GPS units, flight data that is not matching real world charts, etc. Just say something. Anything. Even a No thats how it is would be something.

4 Likes

You seem to be a genius, maybe Asobo should hire you… :roll_eyes:
It rather seems like you have not a full insight on how this actually works, but go ahead and tell everyone how easy all of that is.

8 Likes

Wind check:

225 at 3

35 Likes

If you rush without testing you cause may cause more issues

3 Likes

A lot of y’all have no clue about development in this scope. This is a huge and complex project. I feel that the priorities are set in the right direction. Just be patient, there is no such thing as perfect software besides a “Hello World” application.

28 Likes