Discussion: World Update I: Japan

The latest patch is a disgrace! I mean how can a software company even dare to release a product with a known bug that crashes the program? (VFR map)
Also I simply can’t believe that they still recommend reinstalling a 90+ GB game in the year 2020 (even more so when there is no correlation to the reported issues). Has MS ever heard of something like ‘file integrity check’? Hint: Steam is using this a few years already.
The obviously non existing pre-release testing is the cherry on the cake.
Asobo shame on you!

1 Like

They sold me a different simulator. After the patch it is not the same simulator. Same as fsx graphically

3 Likes

Why release a Japanese scenery, when you haven’t got your all aircraft sorted?

This is a flight sim, or its supposed to be?

Please concentrate on the aircraft first!

2 Likes

the world is being worked on by Blackshark, not the same people who are working on the planes and systems.
If you have no interest in the scenery, then don’t download it.

2 Likes

Full rudder seems quite real to me… about the same swing of the nose in degrees if you just stand on the pedal, as in RL (from memory)… been some time since I flew an old C172, but if you Slip the Sim Model, then with full rudder is seems about right as well.

But as almost everything else is “OFF”, it’s difficult to really say.

Maybe it was very different a couple of months ago ? :wink:

There’s something fundamentally flawed with sensitivity. Control surfaces should not be that effective at low speeds.

There’s a thread to upvote regarding the sensitivity issues:

1 Like

Because the Scenery was Ready … and it was a big PR things ?
Maybe they thought it would distract from the other issues, that they clearly knew about.

Get everyone excited and talking about new FREEEEEEEE scenery, and that will cover over the talk about “Broken” aircraft (or the flight modeling Engine.)

I really cannot believe they managed to “Break” all the ASOBO aircraft in a similar way so quickly, AS WELL and the Carenado C182 (?) … that would be a neat trick !!!

With a Force Feedback Joystick/Yoke, that LAST THING you want are dead zones !!!

With Spring loaded Controllers, yes it may help some …

Maybe what is really needed are Joystick Extensions

My “project” while waiting to "Patch update #4"

or if you want to go to the extreme

No “over-sensitivy” issue with a long Joystick :wink:

1 Like

Maybe it’s helpful. T.16000M. Not perfect but ok.

1 Like

Not talking about dead zones. The elevator is too effective at low speeds. On a real plane you would need much more control input.

Remember that a linear curve is realistic (constant 1:1 translation).

The “effectiveness” of Control Surfaces at different speeds is a whole different “Kettle of Fish”

Added to that, if you get into Force Feedback devices, there is then whole area of Forces on the controller, as a result of airflow and winds …

Then you can “FEEL” the plane and “Become ONE with the Plane”

“Feel the Force”

This is how the A320 cockpit looks like AFTER start up after the update. PATHETIC
PS: turning those dials next to the PFD and below the EICAMS won’t do anything

Hmmm, how did you skip ahead? Is their a way to 2x, 4x, etc. the game. I cannot find it if their is. TIA.

Two ways that I know of…First, you can skip ahead in any flight by using the option in the inflight toolbar at the top of the screen while flying…That allows you to skip to cruise, decent, etc. within a flight…which is what I did…You can also use Sim Rate…R key then Ctrl+ or Ctrl- to speed up or slow down the current rate…

Are using the A32NX mod? IIRC I had this same behavior after downloading 1.9.3.0 and removing the mod fixed it. I think the developer bits are working again–I just did a pull, but I haven’t had a chance to try them yet. The major issue with the A320 neo seems to be the plane taking a hard left while on autopilot. Word on the street is that setting a null zone for your controller will fix this issue. I just added the null zone, but haven’t flown the Airbus with it, so I can’t yet confirm the workaround. In any case, the unmodified A320 neo is still flying reasonably well post patch.

Same problem here. Opened a ticket on zendesk and no answer from Microsoft. This is ridiculous. I can’t play the game since this update.

So why is there only one Runway at the new airport malaga? There should be 2

I have same system except I’m the 17 r5. I had same results. All good. Except I did have to change settings in Nvidia geforce experience since the new drivers there switched me to optimal for some reason and put all my msfs settings to low.

Thanks, I’ll definitely do that. Also someone else rightly mentioned that things change between the patches. I wonder if I’m trying to correct with control curves / sensitivities stuff that has been fixed (or should be fixed…)

I guess with each patch release I should blow away the control curves and start over.

Thanks,
Scott

Take off at EGLL, Heathrow - at night - Freezes. Regardless of what plane!