September 3rd, 2020 Development Update

Feel free to use this topic to discuss this week’s update.

69 Likes

Glad to see them addressing known issues!

13 Likes

Nice to see the wind issue and performance being “significantly improved” in the next patch.

21 Likes

Wow! So much stuff addressed here!

Nice to see the wind issue and water interaction significantly improved!

So much stuff in progress, and I think it’s incredible how fast they are moving considering the complexity of a simulator!

16 Likes

Good to see that they are listening to the community with the current top voted issues and good to see that the wind issue is now going to be resolved. :slight_smile:

16 Likes

I’m doing the update of the FS2020 95.15GB are being downloaded and I already had 124GB now adding the update will only leave me 8 GB of space on my 240GB SSD purchased exclusively for the FS2020, this is correct if each update is this size no longer I have more space to do if at the sale it says that the requirement for the FS2020 was 150GB.?

Very excited about that Node-based particles effect system !

5 Likes

Wait, does this schedule mean monthly patches?

3 Likes

Great ! Nice to see ongoing development and bugs being fixed!
Looking forward to the 24th

2 Likes

Yep, at the end of each month

1 Like

Nice update, thanks for the link! I like the shout out to third party devs and definitely looking forward to the next batch of goodies on the market place.

This has been known for a while now. Monthly patches/updates were promised prior to release.

2 Likes

Some great content in this development update!! Always look forward to these! :slight_smile:

Patch notes for the next update will be available next week as well. Great to see!

1 Like

1 million Pilots? How many SIMMERS? How many KIDS? :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Doesn’t really matter, what matters is that 1 million people have used Microsoft Flight Simulator within two weeks of its launch, an unfathomable number for our previous simulators. Great outreach for our community!

33 Likes

Regardless of the type of player, they should still be counted. After all, they are technically still a virtual pilot! They purchased the game and can play however they would like too. I respect that. Nobody said they had to abide by real world procedures, etc.

23 Likes

Any chance that the “SDK Update” actually says WHEN the SDK will be updated? Since you have made so many enhancements/fixes to it. Could we get some indication as to a release date? Same as the next patch?

Maybe add more people to the SDK alpha/beta group?

3 Likes

I’m really excited for node-based particle effects; we get actual particle effects like tire brakes and contrails now!

4 Likes

Did I miss any mention about VR support?