Next level racing HF8

To make it work you need to install the legacy SimConnect. As explained here: SimShaker for Aviators - Thread from the Dev

Then select Forcefeel as the target device in the SimShaker for Aviators.

This is how I got my HF8 to work. You do not need the (pay ware) sound module.

3 Likes

And dialed in this for some good initial settings: Simshaker for Aviatora profiles? - #6 by skypilotYTS

Yup … as @Mstar78 mentions you need to get this and all will be well.

http://www.fspassengers.com/?action=simconnect

The NLR app is still very much in its early stages of development, (beta) whereas SimHub and Simshaker For Aviators have been around for quite some time. Once the software has all of the kinks ironed out, more effects and games are added etc. It’s going to be amazing, and completely free. But HF8 owners were never and will never be obligated to use the HFS Software. NLR has done everyone a solid and is continuing to develop an app that has racing and flight games available with free haptic feedback!

Somehow I missed this review - thanks!

Is it just a USB and a power cable? Will this work even if I’m using wireless headset for audio (no speakers)?

1 Like

For consoles you just use the wall power plug and a 3.5mm headphone cable. Plug that into your controller and you’re set up. My controller is only used for camera movement and the HF8.
If you’re on PC you would use the USB cable to connect and I think still use the 3.5mm cable

1 Like

Sweet! Still loving it?

I think I’m getting one as a birthday gift soon :slight_smile:

If so, will try it vanilla first. If disappointed (and even if not!) I’ll look into the Sim Shaker to run it instead I think.

Mine shows up tomorrow I think. Just kinda nervous about the concessions made for console - seems more robust on PC. But Jacobes wrote a pretty glowing review, so I’m optimistic.

1 Like

Yes, can’t fly without it! It’s just that little extra bit of immersion that I really like.

1 Like

Received today but can’t seem to get it working. Did you have to fiddle with your console audio settings?

Using xbox Series X, and tried plugging the 3.5mm audio jack into my controller, and also tried plugging it into the headphone port on my TB Flight stick. All the motors start vibrating for a second or two, then stop. You can get it to persistently vibrate if you plug the jack in like halfway instead of all the way, but it’s just buzzing nonstop, doesn’t seem to be reacting to the audio of the game.

I have pressed and held the knob that comes with the HF8 so that’s blinking in “console” mode.

I have HDMI running from my Xbox to my monitor, which has audio out to my desktop speakers. Tried plugging the HF8 into my monitor audio out jack as well, and no dice, same behavior.

Sorry to bug you with tech support questions, I know that’s not what you signed up for, there’s just not much console info out there for this product and I feel like I’m missing something silly.

None of these solutions have worked for me. I’m having two issues: 1.) I just bought an HF8 and cannot get the HFS app to work. It says my login credentials are invalid. I’ve contacted NLR, and they say they’re having a problem with their servers and/or software on their end. They can see my account and email address, but it’s listed as unverified. (They apparently don’t know why.) They advised me to use SimShaker for Aviators. 2.) I’ve taken their advice, but cannot get Simshaker for Aviators working. All I can do is “Test Vibe-Motors” and run the Massage routine. Nothing else works. I’m on a PC with the Steam edition of MSFS. There’s no joy in Mudville.

I am not using the NLR software at present, you don’t need to run both pieces of software at one.
Close down NLR and the start the aviator software instead, it will automatically connect to MSFS.
You may need to do a restart on your pc first then open the aviator software.

I can’t even start the NLR software because it won’t let me log in to finish setting up my account. I suppose I could uninstall it. As for everything else, I’ve tried it all to no avail.

Don’t bother setting up the NLR account for now, just close it completely or uninstall it, the Simshaker software will work better.

Have you bought the sound module to go with it?

I too had this when I got it. Make sure your audio slider is set towards game and not party chat, changed through the Xbox menu. Should work fine after that.

I haven’t purchased the sound module. I thought I read on SimShaker for Aviators that it wasn’t for use with the HF8. You are the first person to say anything about it.

The only reason I mentioned the sound module was because I have bass shakers myself and use Simshaker but to get it to work with my set up you also need the payware sound module from Andre.

I don’t know much about the HF8 (watching this space though to see how it develops) but I just thought I would mention the sound module that is needed to work on my set up. Might not be necessary on the HF8, don’t know :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I tried the demo version of the sound model. Nothing. The HF8 uses vibration generated by ‘spinners’ like the vibration of a cellphone. I bought the HF8 because it and its software have native support for MSFS. Unfortunately, there’s a glitch that won’t let me log into the software even though I have an account with NLR and they can see my ‘credentials.’