Night lighting issues still present - The community solutions

The improvements in airport lighting is great. The ground crews no longer work in the dark and use lights on their equipment. Parked aircraft at major airports also have lighting around them and are not in the complete dark.

3 Likes

Personally, I think overall it look better then before, the sepia mask was ruining all around badly, now it’s much less annoying globally. They said previously there was missing light, now it’s more constant, but they are looking for feedback.

@Grinde81

19 Likes

I think overall this is a big improvement to the lighting. There’s just way too much of it where there shouldn’t be.

LOD is another topic altogether.

10 Likes

Yes on the Q@A they asked if there is too much as feedback to adjust later.

My feedback is anything without the sepia mask is a bonus.

A huge downside with this upgrade is the rural lights are everywhere. There are now lights where no lights exist, simply because there is a road there. This was fixed before and now we are back to too many lights again.

6 Likes

Indeed. Hence my comment from my post above…

1 Like

Yes for me as well, honestly not sure why some are complaining. I mean is way better than how it used with the Sepia mask. Thank you Asobo!

1 Like

That’s nothing new. It was the case from the release on already.

All the night lighting has doubled up for me. Two layers of lights on all the rural roads and highways. Some are way over 100ft in the air.

11 Likes

Don’t think I’ve seen any that high, but I most definitely noticed some lights were way too high off the ground for street lamps.

I agree, it looks great now, at least it looks like a city at night

5 Likes

yep, I was pretty pleased coming through the clouds for my landing:

looks great afaic

7 Likes

There is so much light. I thought I was still flying over Berlin but I had already already reached the unpopulated North. Street lighting in rural areas is ridiculously overdone.

Also the stretching effect is a problem. In other sims lights are small dots which looks much more realistic. In MSFS every light is a huge blob of pixels. On the other hand the fantastic night stars in MSFS show how they can do much better (best rendering of a starfield I have ever seen in a game) if they rendered the stars like other light sources there would 10,000 mini suns at the sky. If they rendered the lights like stars, only brighter, the nightlights would be perfect.

7 Likes

Night lighting looks absolutely garbage right now. Seriously how some of you consider this to be an improvement is beyond me. The night lighting completely lost its charm. There is absolutely no color variation in city lights. Yellow lights plague the entire city. It looks bad and very unrealistic. Looks so much like xplane. No traffic signal lights, no random different colored lights…all gone…

11 Likes

just scroll up a bit. There’s a couple of screenshots that show varied coloured lighting in this thread. Maybe it’s area specific for you, or a graphics setting? Not sure. But I’m not experiencing what you’re saying at all. The night lighting looked great on a flight I just did.

2 Likes

now there’s a mess of lights

14 Likes

I confirm this, at 3860x2160 lights are so big (only near is good), no realistic. But if resize the window about to 1920x1080, the lights look the same as in users photos with small dots. Scaling problem, I think.

2 Likes

there’s no way you are going to have ropes of streetlights extending across the horizon the way it does in the game now…it looks wildly unrealistic and reminds me of how they tried to emulate street lights in FS 5.0

7 Likes

Nope - even in the rural parts of the country, the lighting is very unrealistic.

5 Likes

mehh…looks awful in my opinion. Even when the lights were done “well”, the individual street lamps are too close together, and what’s with the red blobs of light under the streetlights?..especially at some highway interchanges?

I’m losing faith that Asobo will ever get this game right.

4 Likes