Night lighting issues still present - The community solutions

I believe I’ve expressed and illustrated my point of view about this here :innocent:

Night lighting issues still in update #7 - The community solutions - Self-Service / Bugs & Issues - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

1 Like

Just for comparison so we can see what effect would we see if light orbs/points gets smaller over distance… This is XP11 on 1080p (lights.txt tweaked, also size/brightness of light orbs can be adjusted to liking using dataref editor):

After landing… Notice runway lights at the background are not super bright and big. Taxiway lights are also subtle small blue orbs that gets smaller the further they go

Below is MSFS with all anti-aliasing off. Effect is smaller light orbs which makes the scene much nicer, but movements are jaggy (aliasing). But am not really sure do the orbs here gets smaller the further they are?

3 Likes

What is this anamaly on the body of the planet?

Sports Grounds?
They seem to be well lit all night, every night. I think they should be randomly lit for a few hours (2-4 hours maybe) from dusk to midnight, with more percentage on than off on weekends. And then fireworks over the stadiums in the 30 minutes before the lights go out :grin:

3 Likes

On streets the lamps hang in the air - independent of Location. Tried several spots on the world - everywhere the same “alien lamps”.

See screenshots for reference:

maybe Glowing Click Beetles, someone asked for more animals in the game … :blush:

2 Likes

I have seen the same in 1.10.7.0 … in the

Aspen Landing Challenge

The lights somewhat matched the proposed flight path of the challenge … somewhat.

same issue here…It’s a bug

I found a fix… see my thread.

This is solved for me.

1 Like

What is your fix?

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/bug-duplicatation-double-rendering-of-street-lights-at-different-heights/310375

Guys I have noticed that quitting windows and start a night flight every time solve the issue…it’s a synchronization bug I think

What does “quitting windows and start a night flight mean”? Do you mean reboot PC, I fail to see how this will help. Can you be more specific please?

Correction…quit fs2020 e restart fs2020…this work always for me

Thanks for the solution @StubbiestCargo5

Activating GPU Hardware Accleration solved the problem immediately! :smiley:

Thanks to StubbiestCargo5. I just shared his link and solution.

1 Like

Activating GPU hardware acceleration on a 1070 isn’t possible, the option isn’t there for me so any ideas?

1 Like

I have a 1070 and have this option. You have to update Windows and NVidia drivers.

1 Like

There are too much roads lights in the sim! Also the smallest dirt road in deep woods or small gravel ways have yellow and red street lamps every 100 meters… And not all highways in the world have full of street lamps. It looks like flying on new years midnight with millions of fire crackers and rockets on the ground and in the air… :fireworks::smiley::see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

2 Likes

this is not the solution…For me it doesn’t work…gpu scheduling on… i9 9900k rtx 2080ti 32gb ram 3200 Mhz

1 Like