Night Ligthing in Distance

Hi everyone,

I didn’t know where to put this topic maybe should’ve been into the ‘Scenery’ section but mods feel free to change it anywhere if it does not suit in ‘General Discussion’ section.

I still think the night lighting is not realistic in distance. You can check the below image for further reference.

You can see the city lights in distance are still blurred. I know night lighting had gotten several updates but that’s my hones opinion. I was wondering if this is going to be mentioned in future updates? Or night lighting is completely dependent on TLOD and nothing can be done to fix it.

Thanks in advance ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @CkTheWinner. I did move your post here to the #self-service:scenery category. Good luck.

1 Like

That’s sort of how it looks IRL, not exactly, but sort of. Each city or town is going to have light pollution that causes a light bubble over that town. It creates a scene of a bit of cloudiness or haze/blurriness. Insofar as that is concerned then whether by mistake or not, they have created a fairly realistic view.

I was just flying along the other night (at night also in the sim) and the view through the clouds down to the cities below lit up appeared to my eyes as shockingly accurate. Right then I could have been on a late flight home in the real airplane.

A lot of this is quite subjective, though, so what I am happy with is never going to be what someone else is happy with. I can say that if you give me 15-30 minutes to sink into the sim, I really feel like I’m there. It’s like any good book, you open up your senses to the story or the sim and pretty soon it is real.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your answer.

I absolutely agree that this is completely subjective. Maybe I should’ve said instead of ‘is it going to be fixed’ it should’ve been ‘does this look accurate’. Since I’m not a real pilot, only observations I could make is during the flight or some youtube videos obviously.

In the image below, for instance, could the transition be better ? I see city lights, which looks absolutely stunning, then city lights completely disappear and sepia mask appear. That was what I wanted to say actually. I’m curious about the comments.

Once more, indeed this is quite subjective. What looks wrong to me may be completely correct for others. That’s why I respect all the answers, I just wanted to open a discussion, was wondering what the community thinks.

Regards