No config for X52 HOTAS?

worked for me! thank you!!

I fixed this by having the X52 Pro unplugged when starting game, then went to the control menu before plugging back in, then it popped up a window that said something like Load default Bindings. It loaded in the bindings and I immediately saved as a new profile. Exited game and kept hot as plugged 8n and loaded game back up. The bindings were saved.

Hope this helps.

Same Problem ! I’m tired too ! Very tired! I`ll use FSX again and I’m happy.
The new Flight Simulator is ■■■■■■■■

I don’t think the problem is entirely with Logitech; I have an old Saitek force feedback stick that just has windows drivers installed; that won’t play ball either.

Incidentally neither will my CH Pro pedals which don’t have a driver. After all they are just 3 axes; left & right plus left brake and right brake.

To me it’s very simple: If the class GUID and the hardware ID that are in the MSFS X52 input file match the corresponding values in the registry, there’ll be a parameterized default X52 profile. Otherwise not. I can’t gather supporting evidence for this hypothesis, since I can’t open the fg()f$#&f* XML file! (Yes I’ve tried to take ownership. I have the MS store download.) I suspect that when Logitech took over, or more precisely, when they issued the latest driver, they reassigned the hardware ID, and that is the value Microsoft uses. I have an old X52, but the Logitech driver, and my default profile does have axis/button assignments.

Apologies if l’ve simply restated what others have said.

-Ron

EDIT - So somehow I’ve gained access to the relevant X52 definition file. In my install, it’s in this folder: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Input\Saitek_X52_Flight_Control_System.xml

ARRGGG! I lost access. I had it open, but can’t open it again! (What’s with that? I have possesion of the Input folder, but not the file. Any one know how to gain it?) Anyway, I can confirm that this file contains the button assignments for the X52. It also contains the hardware definition of the X52, as I thought it would. I was going to show that definition so you could compare it against your own X52 (whose hardware def is available through the properties window). But I can’t get in there now. Will post back if I find a way in.

This worked for me to with the old saitek driver (My Stick is the Logitech X52Pro).
Thank you very much

1 Like

Here is a screenshot (edited) of the X52 Pro default controls.

4 Likes

If you have donated your $$$, that’s good enough for M$. I wonder how many people got succed with this so far.

Did not work for me.

That’s great!! Thanks for sharing. I wonder why there’s only Mixture axis and not Throttle mapped to the throttle. I mapped throttle and it works just fine…

i mapped throttle, it has no in between. it goes either 0 or 100%. wow x52 i programmed has no finesse. it does a barrell roll on takeoff. this thing needs serious help MICROSOFT. the controller is an old Saitek X52. HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLlllPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Thank you Sam - really appreciate the layout. Been looking all over the web for someone to show an example so this is perfect!

X52 Hotas button chart… these are the default button assignments.

2 Likes

worked perfect for me, thank you…
Well, once… but after shutting down, and restarting for a new flight few hours later… it didn’t recognize it anymore. I did the same procedure again, but now was smart enough to save the settings under a different name then default. Hope it sticks now.

You may be on to something; a quick bit of digging for those that don’t mind; for those having issues with the X52 are you using Saitek X52 or the Logitech version?

I’m having issues and mine is the older Saitek version.

@jboweruk

I have the Saitek X52, but with Logitech driver & calibration software: software version: 6.0.150.0; driver version: 8.0.116.0

See the EDIT i just added to my post above. If you update to driver 8.0.116.0, I’m betting you’ll see an assigned X52 default in the sim.

FWIW, the class GUID for my X52 is {745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da}
and the hardware id is: USB\VID_06A3&PID_075C&REV_0100

I didn’t copy down the corresponding values in that XML file when I had it open, but I’m betting they’re the same.

Good luck.

You may be on to something with the drivers doing an overwrite… Hoping for a patch

Hi paul.

Thanks.

Didn’t like the default at all, have change it totaly to my regular requierments I’m useing .
Sam

1 Like

I just got the X52 Pro Hotas today.
plugged it in, worked just fine. after a while the fs crashed and when I restarted all control assignements where lost in the default profile.

Is’nt there a way to restore the original profile?

Thx
Mike

Oh. the game can see the file. The Hardware-GUID and IDs do not match to older X52s