No Contrails & Aerobatic Smoke? WHAT!

I am not sure if this issue as already been stated, but ever since Microsoft Flight Simulator was released, I hadn’t noticed any contrails trailing behind aircraft at higher altitudes. At the time of the release, I thought since it was the summer season, I thought maybe it might have been due to the warmer temperatures during the summer. Fast forwarding a couple months… It’s been a few months in the winter season and there are still no signs no any contrails trailing behind aircraft at high altitudes.

Another cool thing to see would be some sort of aerobatic smoke trail on all the aerobatic aircraft, because what’s aerobatics without a smoke trail? (Community Airshows in the future?)

Much thanks,
s0l0m0n004

Hi @s0l0m0n004.

The developers are working on a particle effect system that will be used to implement contrails, smoke, and other various effects.

There will be topics on this issue, probably in wishlist but I don’t have a working PC so I can’t look for them. If someone finds an appropriate post, link it below and ping me so I can merge this topic into it.

@Nyx1819

This?

Particle effects (contrails, etc.) with mentioned node-based particles - Self-Service / Wishlist - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

2 Likes

That works for me. @s0l0m0n004 - Please click on the above link, and vote for the topic to show your support and/or write a comment in that thread if you wish to do so.

Closing this topic as a duplicate.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Particle effects (contrails, etc.) with mentioned node-based particles