No Esc to Resume?

Where’s the Esc key shortcut gone to Resume flying from the menu? I’ve got a years worth of muscle memory assigned to that, and now gone. Literally removing useful functionality.

I know it’s only a small thing, but it’s the little things.

8 Likes

ESC has to be assigned to “Toggle Pause”, otherwise there is no way to enter the menu in-game others than crashing the plane :slight_smile:

Sorry, I meant from the menu. When in the menu prior to SU5, you could press Esc again to resume flying. Now you can’t.

3 Likes

I think it still works, depending on the submenu you are in at the moment. For me it displays “press joystick button 3”;l, which doesn’t really work.

Go to options > controls options > keyboard
Under filter select ALL

Click search by name
and search

set pause off

Assign ESC button
Validate and save changes.

Before

After

26 Likes

Oh nice, I didn’t know there was a shortcut for this ESC key. Thanks a lot.

André

1 Like

Ah nice, thanks :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Still odd it’s now switched off by default, but good to be able to get it back.

1 Like

I did exactly as you described, but when I press to resume, nothing happens.
I hit the keyboard ESC button to resume. After I do this, the rudder pedals are moving like crazy, I don’t even touch them

Check keyboard controls.

Click
search by imput and press ESC

I did.
No luck.

Actually i saw this too with SU5…I got joystick button 3, and joystick button 12 and all sort of random stuff. I checked their binding and I don’t see anything in them that suggests they now control the menu…

The real question is why on earth did they change this? For as good as this sim is, every update brings some truly baffling development decisions.

5 Likes

That’s what I don’t get. Someone deliberately went in there and removed that really useful and often used functionality. Why? Did not a single tester ask why?

1 Like

Reset your keyboard and controller bindings, that fixed it for me. I had the same issue.

How to reset the all the controller bindings ?

I have a keyboard, mouse, joystick, and xbox controller all connected. The sim briefly shows the keyboard mappings and then immediately shows the xbox button mappings instead.

It’s frustrating because I want to see the keyboard, but I have not found a way to control which style of menu button displays.

It’s like the developers hard coded something like “if there is an XBox controller detected, show XBox, else show keyboard.” That is a really bad design. Let us choose!

Select your controller > preset manager > reset to default
or select default profile

Thanks for the workaround!

It is a bug/mistake that it was removed, though? :wink:

I don’t know mate.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.