No Flight Planning options

Since installing the latest update, I have lost all flight planning capabilities in MSFS. Direct, point-to-point only. No waypoints, SID’s, STAR’s, approaches, etc. Any thoughts?

Are you using Navigraph with MSFS?

1 Like

No. Installed, not using. The problem is with the internal MSFS system. GPS, VOR, low altitude and high altitude. Result is all the same. Only comes up with point to point routing. Thank you.

If you had Navigraph installed to the sim, and didn’t uninstall it from the sim prior to updating, this could cause the issues you describe.

1 Like

I’ll give it a try. It’ll be a few days.

Unistalled Navigraph. All appears well. Thank you.

1 Like

I am reading this post with great interest. Would you mind giving us some detail as to how you installed the Navigraph data? Did you use Navigraph Navdata Center? Any additional tools which may have affected the files?

Kind regards

Magnus

When I have had this issue, I have just used Navigraph Navdata Center, uninstalling navigraph from MSFS if it appears to be installed, and the re-installing it, which will also install the latest version, and get everything synced up correctly between MSFS & Navigraph.

If you use Addon Linker, then you may want to move the Navigraph folders from Community (where Navigraph Navdata Center installs them), across to your Addon Linker folder structure.

This is often an option with addons that install themselves directly into Community, automatically with some sort of installer.

I personally like to have all items in my Community folder as links controlled by Addon Linker

2 Likes

… and that´s exactly the correct way, thanks for this comment @N6722C .
@TheSevenflyer offered an absolutely correct solution. Asobo recommend to remove all from the community-folder BEFORE you make an update. So, if you follow this path or not - you should also remove our packages BEFORE the update and install it again AFTER the update. This is also a recommendation from us, that you be 100% sure, that the data are installed correctly and also the scenery-priorities are correct set.

Thanks guys (@TheSevenflyer & @N6722C) for your help and feedback - much appreciated …

Cheers,
Richard

1 Like

:+1:

And Addon Linker makes controlling what is in your community folder so much easier, and “Safer”.

If you manually move folders in and out of community, or rename community etc, you always run the risk of “messing up” and deleting / loosing addons.

Much less chance of this with Addon Linker, PLUS, addons are far better organized in subfolders ( in Addon Linker), and your whole addon linker folder can easily be backed up, just in case of a “data loss disaster”.

Great FREE program, and well worth learning how to use.
I cannot imagine MSFS without it !!

Thank you bad2000. (Addon Linker Author/Dev)