No landing gears visible on other players' A320 aircraft

there is an annoying bug, where in multiplayer, i cant see any landing gear at the other players airplane. sometimes especially the smaller GA aircraft have landing gears, but mainly the a320 has no visible landig gear. if a player spawns in the sim at the gate, sometimes there is landing gear, but for example new arriving airplanes - again,mostly the a320 - there are now visible landing gears at all !

I think this is a feature - really :wink: The airplanes without landing gear are those controlled by AI (including „live traffic“, I suppose): they use generic and efficient 3D models.

You can configure that somewhere in the settings (I just stumbled over them yesterday, I believe under „Graphics“ or so…). In the same way you can also set which 3D models to use for other players controlled aircrafts (generic vs actual model).

I did that - i turned „generic“ on and off, no matter if its ai or multiplayer i get most of the time the same result …

I have the same issue. I think its a bug and not anything to do with optmization. It looks quite ridiculous.

2 Likes

Yup i have noticed it yesterday too… Bug found.

I dont think they are AI pilots at least watching their landing attempts so :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hmmm, then it’s a bug possibly :wink:

I left the settings for “AI controlled airplanes” as “generic”, I actually never bothered to change it (“generic” was the default setting in my case). So far I did not mind the missing landing gear.

But IIRC I did see airplanes WITH landing gears moving around the airports (and with the actual airplane model, I suppose, as I saw different airplane models moving around) - and those must have been DEFINTIVELY human controlled airplanes :wink:

Yes I have the same bug - all other planes look like hovercrafts on the runway !

1 Like

I have exactly the same problem when I see multiplayer aircrafts. No gear visible.

1 Like

Maybe it could have to do with the custom liveries… btw i never actually see a 787 … it must be this futuristic plane with 4 engines …

I believe this is due to the LOD models dropping off quite rapidly. If you got closer to them the gear would suddenly appear but you have to get QUITE close.

This is a wider issue because outside of a very small radius you cannot see multiplayer aircraft at all. It is very irritating to only see my friends when they are within 1000 feet or so.

They need to give a setting that alters the draw distance for models (and LODs) similar to the “small part object radius” setting in FSX

1 Like

In my case, it was an A320 with NEO livery. But it’s possible that this plane had a custom livery from the other user.

So I’m flying in the A320 with a friend to KLAS and he lands first then swings around to watch me come in, holding short of the runway. I set up for the standard approach… flaps check… gear down, 3 green… etc. I land fine and all, but then he tells me he didn’t see my gear down on landing, but I’m sitting in my plane taxiing to the gate :joy:. Anyone experience this and is there a fix?

When we takeoff I can see his gear fine but on landing it’s not there even though it’s down.

I think it’s a common bug based on the humorous YouTube vids I have watched…

1 Like

I see this too when waiting on hold for someone touchdown, can’t see wheels, but they are down and they land and the plane “hovers” above the runway.

If you use zoom you can sometimes see the wheels under the plane pop in, i guess it could be a LOD thing where some things are only shown once you are close enough.

dissapear landing gear in multiplayer - it takes down all immersion of reality…

1 Like

After the recent patch there’s still engine issues for the a320 and landing gear is not visible in multiplayer on final approach as the other player watches friends land. Please fix this. I’m tired of seeing belly landings when I know that the gear is down.

1 Like

So again multiplayer is having issues … in multiplayer session I land after my friend with him watching me and they always say “your gear was down right?” Because to them it looks like a belly landing while on my end II have 3 green. Is there something in the settings or something I’m missing?

1 Like

Do their settings use generic model for multiplayer aircraft?

Could be worse… :wink:

:us:

1 Like