No option to request IFR clearance from default ATC

All those settings are stored in the cloud anyway.

1 Like

This is one correct solution for this problem. One button is on “bad” station. Search it here,
 :wink: :
flybyware forum is writing abuot.

Hello - for the benefit of other users, can you point to the FBW conversation you’re talking about.

This is still broken as of March, 2022. I used to do it from time to time as well, so something isn’t quite right.

2 Likes

This is still broken as of September 13th, 2022. Keeping this thread alive because this is an important functionality and must be added to the sim.

1 Like

Completely agreed!

Aaaand suddenly they added it. Nice timing I got there.

Completely agree. It is rather annoying to do it from the flight planner menu, and it is less realistic to do it outside the plane.

In have found (In MSFS) that if you CANCEL VFR flight following, you can then get the option to file IFR.

But at time, you lose all ability to talk to ATC, and when that happens, chances are, it will remain that way for the rest of the flight.

Looking forward to a well designed, and thought out re-vamp of the whole ATC system.

Another example that occurs to me is that some add on planes like the PMDG 737 operate outside of the regular ATC system. So loading a flight plan in the map doesn’t add the flight plan to their avionics. That’s good and bad, but it does mean that there is no way to request an IFR flight plan in the air in those plans. As has been said, we need a robust rebuild of the ATC system.

1 Like

So I ran into this bug a few weeks ago, and it was caused by leaving the ATC comms with the co-pilot. For some reason at certain airports having this enabled when you start the flight prevents you from tuning into Clearance from the ATC menu, so you don’t get the option to file IFR clearance after entering the flight plan into FMS.

I had to disable the co-pilot ATC and then tune to a different frequency to get the menu to come up with the Clearance frequency option.

Now I make sure the ATC co-pilot option is disable before I start a new flight, and I haven’t seen this issue since I started doing that.

I see this issue in Bae 146, the other day I got the option to request IFR plan, yesterday I tried numerous times and didn’t get the option.

I use the simbrief import option in this aircraft.

I know it can work as I have seen it appear so no idea why I had issue’s yesterday.

I find it doesn’t show up until I get to the runway and ready to take off.

I was able to file a pop up IFR plan yesterday. I made a VFR flight plan via LNM and imported it into the sim. After I took off about 70 miles out i came into a pretty substantial amount of relatively low clouds. Punched up ATC and was able to file IFR no issues. I want to stress the fact that this FP was initially made as a VFR plan and was able to change to IFR in flight. I Also saw the option to change while i was still on the ramp. Today same scenario, No IFR available at all. I tried canceling VFR. I tried tuning manually to clearance delivery. The FP was entered into the GPS with a departure and arrival airport. Nothing was different from yesterday, I was even in the same airplane. (Beech V-35B) Two days ago The first half of the flight the option was there but halfway through the flight it disappeared and no amount of fiddling could get it to return.

I have been facing exactly the same problem especially with A310 and occasionally with A-320.Both stock planes.A month or two before did not face such a problem.This happens despite feeding the flight plan from Simbrief and sometimes when it’s from World Map.If sometimes ATC does respond in this field it gives clearance for a VFR flight.It’s becoming very frustrating as I like to fly a robust aircraft like the A-310I may add I am on Xbox X series.
The warning and caution sounds are deafening as well while the ones which need to be at a higher volume are muffled. One can also not configure lights on Velocity One.Asobo team may like to carry out an overall inspection of the plane.

Got to wonder if the is a State Diagram for the ATC Logic.
Based on the number of times it gets lost, and gets into a state where there are NO options, would guess NO.

There should ALWAYS be an option to talk to ATC,

1 Like