No sound using a pair of Bose speakers connected via Bluetooth

I’ve been using a Logitech 2.1 system for quite some time but after moving to a new place with less available space, I would like to replace the 2.1 system (primarily to get rid of the subwoofer) with a 2.0 setup. Instead of buying a new set of speakers, I thought I might be able to use a pair of Bose Soundlink Revolve+ II speakers I already have.

I was able to connect them via Bluetooth to my Windows 10 PC and after putting them into stereo mode where each speaker serve as left/right channel, the result was great…until I started MSFS. For whatever reason, I don’t get any sound with MSFS running. Going into my audio devices, I can see how the sound is playing looking at the visual cues.

As long as I don’t have MSFS running, the speakers sound great when watching YouTube clips etc.

Anyone else had a similar issue, having speakers connected via Bluetooth work with MSFS?

I had the same problem, and this fixed it (disabling the hands free option):

Go to sound settings and disable default communication device for the bose. Keep default device for bose as that is what the sim uses. I had the same problem and it’s a bug after SU5.

Moved to Self-Service, PC-hardware for better visibility.

Thanks for your input guys!

I decided to skip this idea since I seem having issues using the speakers both with my PC and my mobile phone. I normally use the speakers to play music from my mobile phone. Also and even when the idea at first seemed good, I think it will be both easier and better to have a dedicated and wired pair of desktop speakers for my PC. Will do some research to see what speakers might be good.

Thanks anyway for your advice!