No terrain visible on Xbox Kodiak 100 with Working Title G1000

Was there an update that fixed the CTDs? I think I read that somewhere.

Thanks for that link; I enjoyed reading the article.

1 Like

I’m back again to report that my problem with the G1000nxi and My Kodiac 1000 remains - the same ptoblem beginning this thread. Even after the small G1000 update of a day or two ago — no change — terrain and other map functions do not work.

Frankly, I think buying thr xbox version of mfsf was a mistake. I have read that I cannot “move” the software/license to a new pc.

Bahh…

That is incorrect information.

If you bought the sim and add-ons on Xbox, you can download, install, and use them on PC.

I have the sim running on both Xbox and PC with one purchase.

That is a bonus you get when buying the sim via the MS (Xbox) Store.

The Steam version is the version that is PC-only.

I just skip the NXi for now, it was after all the ‘free’ 3rd party item.

Awhile ago, I tried deleting and reinstalling the G1000nxi addon, but it did not fix the problem. For me, using the terrain map is quite useful as I do not know how to obtain accurate elevation data for flight planning. I just keep an eye on the map when flying ifr and visibility is poor or it is night.

just do a quick restart of the flight when you hop in the plane. takes 10 sec. it’s optimal? no but it works

also in SU9 the only positive for me is that kodiak topo map works even without restarting

I tried doing a restart but it did not solve the problem — no change. Are you running on xbox? I suspect that this problem is exclusive to the xbox disk version (which i have).