No WATCHED BASES in DevMode after Sim Update 5

My first time ever to surrender to a computer after many years of flight sim. After my 2nd full load of FS2020 after the release of Update 5, ver. 1.18.13.0, there is NO Watched bases in the DEvMode. Subsequently I cannot connect my community folder to the game. 2 days of trying is driving me insane. Attached is a before/after image of the problem. I am prepared to offer my first born as a token of my thanks to anyone with a fix for this ! ! Don’t really hink a 3rd reload will do it. Thank you kindly

I have the same problem

I am at the point of giving up, I just do not see the point of another full reload as the rest of the game works fine. I will load the contents of my community folder today and see what happens with that loaded back again

It now tells me it cannot find my community folder . . .

I am a PC user, with the new MSFS new update, it seems like the “watch bases” tab missing from virtual file system. Anyone has the same issue, and how can I fix this? Thanks alot.

Hi @CaptPugwash876!

I’ve modified the title of this thread slightly, as this seems to be a wider issue for some people after SU5. Thanks :+1:

hi, im having the same issue, and im kinda getting ■■■■■■. so im wondering if anyone got the solution. version steam!

1 Like

Yes me too, the best thing to do is wait and see if whoever puts it right in the next few days/weeks or so has any explanation for it. I feel that the bosses don’t want you using mods.

The good people at Discord found a resolution for part of my problem. I am still missing the Watched Bases tab but at least I have the Flybywire A32NX back up and running. I reason therefore that although the Watched Bases is missing it had connected with the Community folder all the time. Hard to see at first as I had emptied the contents for safety during the reload(s)

1. Temporarily disable antivirus programs and firewalls
  2. Terminate all Discord processes in Task Manager
  3. Completely remove and clear Discord from your system by deleting these two folders:
    %AppData%\Discord
    %LocalAppData%\Discord
    (You can find these folders by following the steps in this support article: https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/209099387--Windows-Installer-Errors)
  4. Restart your PC
  5. Disable antivirus programs and firewalls one more time
  6. Run the Installer.

Cheers Discord and thanks

looks like we all seem to be having issues, my community folder has stopped working and I cannot find the watched base section either :frowning:

Sadly that is now the least of my problems. My flybywire A32NX has a vertical speed problem that make it stick climbing above 200. The speed bleeds back to green dot and it fails to climb. I use the Dev. option and have tried the stable version, both with NOTHING in the community folder. Still the same. Now does it on descent too, after 1 week of struggling with this I am now about to dump this altogether. Or, dare I say, ANOTHER complete relaod of FS2020. Seems most of my problems started after the big update 5. The bigger this monster becomes, the more problems it throws my way.

As I am thinking that I am not alone with this community locator issue, I suspect it is just perhaps part of the new FS2020 as the connectivity to it is fine - once I located it that is

I am also missing watched bases in the virtual file, just can’t find the community folder anywhere any suggestions on this problem gratefully received…thank you!

Uninstall MSFS SDK and restart system.
Download and install latest SDK → MSFS_SDK_Core_Installer_0.14.0.0

Restart system and run MSFS

Big thanks to your solution, but could you explain how can I uninstall MSFS SDK?

2 Likes

Have the same issue (No Watched Bases).

I didn’t have SDK installed before, how can I do it (does it have to be on C: Drive although the Sim isn’t on C:? If not, where else do I install it?
And do I have to install the SDK (documentation) from the DevMode as well and if yes, where?

And will after that the Watched Bases option appear again?

You see, I am confused…thank you very much for your help!

Just uninstalled the previous SDK version, rebooted. installed the new SDK version, rebooted, but the “Watched Bases” menu item is not back for me.

Was there ever a working solution to the issue of missing watched bases folder. Everyone seems to have given up? I still can locate it. I have managed to find community folder but the mods don’t run from there. Any ideas?

Find the UserCFG.opt file, open it in a text editor and look for the “InstalledPackagesPath” at the bottom. That’s the path the game should be looking at for both the Official and Community content.

For Steam installs it’s typically in appdata\roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator.