[BUG LOGGED] No wind gusts for Live Weather, broken for both PC and Xbox

No problem :slightly_smiling_face:

I escalated the problem, so it will be checked!

5 Likes

Oh wow! Thank you very much.

I just opened a Zendesk ticket, Request# 107270.

Thank you again, I sure do appreciate it!

3 Likes

Same problem here.

Seems strange that such a small number of users are seeing this problem.

Yeah, I just stumbled upon this bug wile trying to create some turbulence because I’m really getting tired of this what appears to be the Bing maps simulator. This is the only game/simulator that’s degrading with each update, imo.

2 Likes

Users and Hard Simmers using Live Weather realized the Problem that, there is no Turbulence, Gust and Sheer. But they didn’t found out this Bug.

4 Likes

Thanks for finding this Broo ! Saved my Day ! I was worried with Weak Wind patterns !

1 Like

You’re welcome!

1 Like

Oh, I see what you mean. Thank you for the heads up! I hadn’t thought about it from that angle.

For those who haven’t opened a Zendesk ticket, more Zendesk tickets will be a good thing. Brings visibility.

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

1 Like

Thanks to @moderators for opening this after it got closed, bugs won’t be closed due to inactivity.
Unfortunately this is still BROKEN with SU5, this really needs attention as it’s a serious weather regression since SU4

And just to clarify - we have no wind gusts either with live weather or with a manually setup weather condition.

2 Likes

Unreal.

I thought for sure this would be fixed. Seriously.

Very disappointed…

1 Like

A total disgrace for the title “Simulator” … I’ve ranted about it all over , but it just not “appealing” for some reason…
Until the fundamental realism regressions are fixed… MSFS2020 earned a downgrade from being a simulator into a scenemulator … well done… :wave:

6 Likes

Seriously…broken since SU4? sounds like not much of QA/testing goes to the weather…Voted.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I see no mention of this in the Hotfix notes.

Yeah, there are unfortunately many things missing that would make approaches challenging - wind gusts, windshear, very low VIS/RVR’s, very low ceilings/VER VIS.
I hope that now after making performance adjustments the team will focus on making weather better and actually challenging.

1 Like

I have the same issue on Series X - i open a Ticket. Anything more i can do ?

2 Likes

You can pray it will be solved in the next sim update, which is due mid Semptember.

1 Like

Same issue here. Hope it will get fixed some time. Had much more fun flying when it worked. The flying got more unpredicted when it worked. I miss the wind gusts! Have sent a zendesk with a video showing the issue.

3 Likes

Well, I doubt this will get fixed anytime soon considering a “vote for the bug/feature” system. Tbh, I’m one update shy from uninstalling MSFS.

1 Like

This issue is not only PC releated it is also on console.

1 Like