Noobie Question

Hey all!

Super excited to test out my new setup. I have been playing around with settings from a bunch of other people and I cannot get it down.

Equipment:
i7 10700K
32G Ram
GTX3070 ROG STRIX
Oculus Quest 2

As I said, I cannot seem to find the right combination and would like to know if someone has the same/similar setup and what the settings are. I keep getting jitters and stutters. looking to have a stable setup. Also, the image seems to be boxing. Straight ahead is no big deal but my peripherals are picking up a box outline.

Thank you in advance and sorry for beating a dead horse.

Have a great one everyone!

Try searching for TNT quest 2 settings, sharp and smooth on the forum, it might help in getting to a good position.

What nvidia driver are you using and are you opted into beta on the oculus app, do you use oculus tray tool?

What planes are you flying, I can share settings but I predominantly fly ga planes…xcub which are less demanding.

1 Like

I’ve copied my settings from another thread, only adjustment I’ve made recently to what’s listed below is to use oculus air link which instead of cable which I’m having some success with and also experimenting with setting res in oculus app to the maximum and setting supersampling in OTT to zero. Let me know if you want any further details.

My pc specs are ryzen 5800x, 32 gb ram and 1080ti, so not too dissimilar

OTT settings, super sampling 1.6, ASW mode 18hz, FOV multiplier 0.85 for horizontal and vertical

Oculus app 80hz and rendering res 1.1 (3936*1984)

MSFS 20 settings

Render 80
TAA
Terrain lod 100
Terrain data Ultra
Buildings Medium
Trees Medium
Grass Med
Objects LOD 145
Clouds high
Texture res Ultra
An filter 8x
Text ss 2x
Tex synth ultra
Water med
Shado 768
terrain shad 128
Contact shad off
Windshield ultra
Ambient occ off
Reflections off
Light shafts med
Bloom on
Cockpit refresh low

Multiplayer on… could switch this off but like the company of other people flying around!

AI traffic etc fairly low setting 15-40%

Some of the above settings are personal choice, worth pointing out my framerate is c18-25 depending where I am but experience is smooth, occasional wobbling/jelly effect and stutter sometimes coming into busy airport but it varies and I think is just as much down to time of day/server/latest update issues… overall though more than happy experience but I do pretty much only fly with xcub and sometimes other small ga and tend to favour mountains/small/medium size airports. Having said that I can fly round london, paris, new york with reasonably smooth experience using above settings, sometimes turn render res down to 70

1 Like

Thank you for posting this. I was able to use it with good results. I only made some minor adjustments and it looks and performs great. The only question I have is that when I fly (in the Piper Arrow) the instrument lights start to twitch vertical lines. Not sure what setting to adjust to get it not to glitch.

Thanks again for all the help!

Glad the settings helped, not sure about the plane, is it only happening to that particular plane? It might be worth raising a thread or looking in 3rd partyplanes to see if it’s been raised.

I just updated my driver to the latest as of 5/18. I have enabled the beta in Oculus app and use the tray tool .
I primarily fly Piper and Cessna to reinforce my flight training.

1 Like

Is VR still going ok?

So it began to stutter again but I haven’t had time to play with it due to my actual flight training taking up my time. I need to go back through and make adjustments but it’s a pain. Any recommendations other than following the tutorials?
I am going to set them back to your presents and go from there.

Also any suggestions about not having the field of view expanded a bit. When i look head on its fine but my peripherals pick up the edge. not sure if that makes sense.

I appreciate your help

The edges on the periphery are due to the OTT settings, 0.85 and 0.85 or whatever number you set them to, changing to 1 will remove edges but increase load on pc due to pushing more pixels through goggles, try 0.90 to see if it’s a happy balance.

Stutters try dialling back the resolution either in msfs or supersampling in OTT I use 1.6 in OTT and 80 in msfs but might have to drop to 70 in busy areas.

@FlyerTuck92 I have been losing my mind over here. I just fired up my PC and now the sim crashes to desktop every time. I barely make it to the home screen. One time I was able to take off but it crashed 3 minutes in. This is happening with both the oculus and when trying to use my monitor. I’m on Nvidia Driver 466.47 after rolling back from .63. Any suggestions?

Thank you again for your help

Only to do what you have done which is roll back drivers, could try rolling back windows updates but this isn’t my area of expertise , I would try searching crash to desktop threads or raise a new query.

Sorry I can’t help

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.