Not a single fix to the many flaws and exploits in Reno Racing

This is extremely disappointing and has led to a serious decline in what could be the top activity in the sim

Over complicated scoring and ranking scaring away players (Losing points as soon as you join is not the way to encourage players)

No in-game communication, critical to avoiding collisions and helping other getting up to speed

Empty lobbies due to a totally failed matchmaking system

Unless these are fixed within a reasonable time frame, we can expect the demise of what should be a well populated and competitive activity

Disappointment is understating the general feeling of the Reno community

14 Likes

At least we know they have been notified about the bugs we’ve found. That’s a start.

True, but without any feedback from the dev team, people have lost interest. These bugs and flaws have basically turned Reno into a ghost town

It also doesn’t help that this post only has 3 likes out of 138 views

1 Like

seems to me the majority of users is not interested in reno races.

10 Likes

Never even thought about touching a multiplayer race where I knew cheating/exploits would be an issue.

I hope the people that paid for this get their issues resolved and ultimately get a good experience. Good luck everybody.

3 Likes

A new scoring and waitlist view for all classes would make it more attractive.

1 Like

A big problem is with the “Unlimited” and “T-6” races. Since hardly anyone knows that you have to adjust the propellers. So many think it’s a cheat.

1 Like

With all the bugs in it are you surpised???

For a product that is priced at a significant portion of the cost of the simulator, I do believe it deserves a comparable level of support. We don’t need Reno Stead graphic improvements, but the bugs should be addressed as this product is dying on the vine, and becoming a waste for those who invested in it.

1 Like

We know the bugs and the exploits, as our group in Discord has actively investigated, researched and discovered them. We pass those on to the devs straight away as we hate them. Actual cheaters have been caught and banned

Using Active pause before the start of a time trial to increase speed before crossing the line is one, but easy to identify. Another is changing or running down the fuel load to lighten the plane

We identify these exploits easily and call out those who use them

There is however one unknown that many are not aware of and that is adjusting the prop pitch in T-6 and Unlimited, which is a legal way of increasing speed as it is part of the standard configuration of those planes

Very simply, adjust the pitch of the T-6 to 2100 RPM to optimize speed, and 3300 in the unlimiteds to keep pace with the fastest guys. The rest is flying technique which we teach to all our new members

If you want to race in fair races join our group on Discord, and we will soon get you up to speed. Maybe you will change your mind

All are welcome

2 Likes

i am not so sure about that, why are not many more people complaining then about it?
i bought the cheap little pack, just the 4 aircraft…deinstalled, they fly horrible, ah well it
was cheap, not a real issue.

Many have been scared off by a system that doesn’t work. Empty race lobbies, lack of knowledge, just lost interest because nothing much has changed

In our group, no one has problems flying the planes. I am guessing they aren’t the problem

2 Likes

The biggest issue I have with the races is the points system. Surely we should encourage people to race by giving at least one point for finishing? I see it a lot and feel it myself, someone joins a race, knows they have no chance of winning when the qualifier is done and bails out because they will lose the points anyway. Frustrating for the faster player and more so for the slower.

2 Likes

The second biggest issue I have is the number of exploits available to artificially boost speed in both time trials and race qualifying. Active pause is one of them, there are others even more effective that I don’t want to know about. The flappy bird thing is clearly a fault in the aerodynamics calculation.

2 Likes

Things like using prop pitch is just correct and efficient use of the plane but until you know it you will see people beat you by 25 seconds in T-6 and 5 in Unlimited no matter how well you fly. And when you find out you find the people who were beating you have a very hard time continuing to do so. It should be publicized with the races in the rules or somewhere in the merchandising so that you know when you buy it.

2 Likes

You all have very good points. I am optimistic that the game developers who clearly loved this project will continue to implement improvements as time allows.

1 Like

There are clearly flaws in the reno DLC. For example the active pause trick for the time trial or the lack of chat in the lobbie to find competitors and choose a race class together because today we can be four at the same time, each in a different class, waiting for a race alone without knowing it.

However, there are still some good things to highlight! Thanks to Harry’s discord and the community there, I learned a lot and was able to progress a lot in a few weeks and reach the top 10 in unilimited! I’m a hardcore gamer myself, I’ve been flying for a long time on a lot of simulators and with a lot of hardware and yet I’ve been able to race and have fun with people who are much more causal and play with an xbox controller and that’s impressive!

There are also things to improve on the aerodynamics or the engine management but overall it doesn’t mean that it’s not fun as it is!

I’m not particularly a competitor and yet I take great pleasure in being able to beat myself to improve my times !

1 Like

Finally, (from me anyway) all credit to HarryHowzer and the group who have been pushing this. Hopefully you get a result. And positively, there is more to love about the Reno race module than there is to hate. I love it.

Hi
Xbox series s user here I have update demo races 28/0/22 (U.K.)
I can’t actually start up Reno races now ?it just keeps saying update available yet I’m up too date ?
Any ideas please
Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.