Not happy about the state of the game, in some lights it comes shorter even from FSX

Thank you, now that you said all that people won’t get the wrong bloody impression and hopefully more people will understand that most Sims come out this broken on day 1.

FSX was a mess

MSFS2020 is a mess right now

FSX now is a great title with tons of community support and addons from 3rd party developers.

I don’t see why MSFS2020 can’t get the same or better treatment.

if you don’t have any confidence in this project and are disappointed by it even though you were there for FSX as you say, then i’m surprised by you on every level, so either you’re lying or for some reason you can’t see past your own frustrations.

Anyway, be here to watch the game, play it, or don’t, I honestly don’t care, but don’t write down posts that allude or imply that FSX was an amazing title on release and this title is a piece of broken junk because I will call you out on that and ill keep calling out anyone else who keeps trying to push that nonsense.

2 Likes

You completely misunderstood what I said, they were both a mess at launch day, FSX had all the essential features for a flight sim, FS2020 doesn’t.

Can they be added later? Of course, but on start line, FS2020 is feature-wise in a worse starting position than FSX was.

When FSX first came out, I purchased it immediately but within 2 days, requested a refund from the retailer because I couldn’t even it to run on my computer without freezing and a host of other problems. Could not even experience features, let along judge them. Had to wait another year before migrating to an updated FSX from FS9. Default FSX had no SID / STAR, just direct GPS navigation which was a joke for airliner flying. A.I. traffic zig zagging abruptly on the ground using the same legacy logic from FS5. Flight model was the same as FS9 - flying on rails. 2D blocky clouds were spinning in circles like FS9. On and on. Definitely, what I saw in FSX after I finally installed it did not have all the essential features to me as you claim. Your posts are only your subjective conclusion. To me no comparison. In terms of initial release, MSFS2020 wins hands down over FSX and FS9 from graphics to fidelity. And with time, it can only get better.

That’s a lie sir, you can see the navigation points in this guide: https://www.grandcomputers.org/Documents/FlightSig/TextBooksManuals/FSXFundamentals.pdf

Released in 2006 so FSX was at most 2 months old as it was released in october, look at the map section and you will see the HUGE difference along with your reference points, a little below you have the Flight Simulation Analysis that was available in FS2004 and FSX right out of the release, and is AFAIK nowhere to be found in FS2020, the slew mode that I’m not aware of existance in FS2020 either.

So no, FS2020 in term of IFR sucks in comparison to FSX even at launch.

Peace.

2 Likes

It seems you have a pretty short memory, you wrote it yourself, I showed you that’s not true hence it’s a lie, you came here to drop your opinion and hoped nobody scrutinized it? Bad luck for you.

Oh right, I never said Slew Mode important, just that it was there at launch.

1 Like

This hyperbole is getting out of hand.

You do remember what FSX was ACTUALLY like at launch, right? How it looked? It’s performance through ALL of it’s life? The sheer amount of paid add-ons you almost REQUIRED to get a realistic flight out of it?

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not all horrible. But by the same token, this ain’t even close to all bad. It has far more good for a core flight sim experience than bad, in fact. Expecting this to match out of the box in one day, a game that had years of official support and a decade and a half of extra community and third party devs extra work, is absolutely bonkers.

2 Likes

That’s right, my expectations were that it would have at least all the base features that FSX had at launch, it got better support for multicore, it’s 64 bit, stunning graphic and that are all a plus for me, but it also lacks things that were there in FSX at launch and, after 14 years, that’s simply inexcusable.

2 Likes

You seem to be missing one key detail though: This isn’t FSX.

It’s different. The UI is different, the map will work different, it’s systems will be integrated in a different way as this is now a GaaS. I mean I find it shocking that you found four pull down menus and adding take off and departure was a huge difference and “Like Windows 8” but hey ho.

FSX might be 14 years old, but it’s had 14 years of extra content. Is the core functionality there in the base aircraft for simple IFR and VFR? Yeah, and it works fine. Is it missing stuff FSX had? Yeah, but then FSX also looks like ■■■■ and ran like it for it’s entire life and focused too much on IFR because let’s be honest, it looked like puke… so I’ll compromise a few things in the short term.

This isn’t FSX. And hopefully we’ll take a different approach to development rather than appealing to the exclusive 30K High IFR crowd. We can FINALLY do VFR without bringing up our lunch, so let the VFR guys have their fun while your IFR gets improved. We have 3 sims for that.

1 Like

That are those that kept it alive, funded the development of addons, aircraft, FSPassengers, graphic mods, bought P3D, PMDG airplanes and all that kept FSX alive for its 10 years of support, made multiplayer sessions, made VATSIM and the other one, spent a ton of money on hardware etc.

The appeal to new masses is good, but without IFR those that came in fast won’t stay in long, so if they don’t steer to IFR and do it fast, this game will be doomed, and it won’t last like FSX since as soon as they pull the plug the game loses multiplayer and the terrain graphic.

1 Like

I think you’re missing my point here.

X-Plane exists. FSX exists. P3D exists. The people who are flying IFR in those sims are not going to come here and do exactly the same thing they do in another sim - to fly IFR - when they have things like PMDG aircraft, are they? And if you or they were expecting PMDG level aircraft at launch, well that’s insane and you need to reign in those expectations.

Your previous spending in a different\prior titles entitles you to nothing in this one. Give this community a chance to grow and develop. The IFR crowd are catered to plenty; Infact some might argue too much.

Every one of your problems will be addressed in time. Maybe come back in a few months. And just because the game does not appeal to what you want, does not mean it’s going to die a week. Don’t be insane. Ace Combat and DCS live rather happily side by side.

1 Like

I hope so but unless the SH put out a statement that says that, I’d not steer anyone to it.

I wasn’t, I was expected P3D aircraft level at launch.

Well if the base aircraft and engine is decent, I’d come here to play low IFR routes and admire the terrain and graphic, if it lacks anything that even allows a basic IFR then of course not.

Nobody said that, the question would be: would I recommend it to someone knowing that after the “wow” effect they could not do or learn much and that if (more like, when) the SH pulls the plug the terrain, the multiplayer, probably also the things you bought on the internal store are a “bye bye”? Well, no.

1 Like

I am more than happy with the sim for a Day1 release. And I paid Aussie Dollars for the Standard ($100). Yea there are bugs, and an update coming at the end of the month. There is plenty of room for Third Party Devs. I have both FSX on my PC with bucket loads of ORBX and Carenado, PMDG etc addons. But for the visual reality of actually flying, and I have spent many many hours in all sorts of aircraft, nothing beats this. I am confident that MS and the devs will continue to provide updates. But if anyone is not happy with this, then I suggest you shelve it for 12 mths, go back to FSX or X-Plane and come back when you think the sim has caught up to your expectations. For me I will continue to fly here everyday while I am permanently grounded due to covid-19. Gurdy out!

1 Like

Hyperbole is a hell of a drug, isn’t it?

• IFR works for the most part. You ain’t going to be head-down a lot sure, but it’s functionally passable with minimal effort. Not what you spefically wanted just yet, but a youtube review could have told you that.
  • The aircraft took a backseat over the terrain engine. Something we’ve needed to do in flight sims for years, because lets be honest - how often to you fly a stock aircraft past the 6 months mark in a sim when you’re the kind of person who only flies IFR? (Answer: You don’t.)
  • And yeah, one day the servers will be closed. Welcome to literally any GaaS. You new to these?

The game is more than fine for a <1 week old game. Give it and us a break. If you don’t like it your sims are still there and this platform will evolve and grow, and hopefully, you can have your same-old-same-old IFR routes you’ve flown 500 times already and we’ll all be happy.

1 Like

“Please don’t let us know what you think of the current state of the game and where the effort should be put and why a good slice of the players will jump out of it as we’re not interested and we want to feel we spent those cash well” huh?

Well bad for you, I hope the devs will see the issue and address it quite rapidly.

If you search on the forum there’s a chunk of people that complain they tried it, didn’t found what they needed and jumped out, some even requested a refound that was denied.

If the devs are so confident that they will appeal them, there would be no reason to not refund them and tell them to come back when they have the features they want in, denying the refund looks like a bad sign to me…

Totally agree! Much excitement and disappointment.
Too many things with the game seem dumbed down for Xbox and Xbox control functions!
Give me real flight planning and true control over weather. And while I’m at it… What kind of crappy logbook it has!

1 Like

Most of what you complained about are things you are totally wrong and can be done in the simulator. You just needs to spend a lot more time reading some guides and watching you tube video. For example in your controls settings window you aren’t seeing all the controls that are available to be mapped because you have the filter set to to “Assigned” so when you search for controls, the search results only include things that are already mapped for the specific control device that you have selected. You need to change the filter to “All” and then search and every possible control function will be searched in your search query.

I don’t have time to list of the other things in your post that you got wrong. I’m not talking about opinions, but things that either are or aren’t. Sure there are some bugs and some oversights and lot of things that need to be fixed but X-Plane, FSX, and PreparD has the same issues and it took years.

Regardless of the bugs and things that need to be fixed or added to MSFS 2020 it is far superior to every other flight simulator by a huhe margin. It’s not even close. MSFS aka light years ahead and that lead will only get larger as it continued to be developed and improved.

The things that are the core of the sim, that truly matter like the flight physics, flight characteristics, aerodynamics, weather physics, and surface friction models, as well as the graphics for the Earth, the planes, objects, vehicles, lighting, and weather are all light years better than every other flight simulator. It’s not even close. All the little stuff that is currently wrong with MSFS can and will be fixed. But I understand that there are people like you who are more concerned about whether every switch and dial works properly than you with the real world graphics and close to real life flight physics, aerodynamics, weather, etc.

I’m a private pilot and I can tell that the flight characteristics and impact of wind and weather in MSFS 2020 are much closer to real life than any of the other flight simulators. Sure there are some bugs to fix, but don’t throw the baby out with the bath water.

1 Like

You need to come down from your manufactured disappointment. You set yourself up for this by looking for an experience you already had elsewhere.

The majority of your complaints are superficial and surface level and your only legitimate complaint is that you didn’t have a game play style you have 3 times over already.

See you in 6 months, my friend. Until then, you can fly at 30K and look at nothing but the sky in a plethora of other sims.

1 Like

Ok (insert OPM face)

Everyone and their dog uses SimToolKitPro for logbooks right? … Right?

No, because if I go to it by scrolling I see it, if I search the exact same name it does not show up, at least that’s what happened at the time I ran the tests.

The engine maybe, you can develop anything with the right tools and people, but either you guys have some sources I am not aware of that says that or it’s just your assumption/hope, I think the dev is now steering to make it run on XBOX so it will stay more or less in the current state for a good while.

X-PLANE got it already

Those are in X-PLANE and P3D since launch, I don’t know about this engine but I think it still works on lookup tables, do you have any source that state otherwise?

Yea they totally nailed this point and on this FS2020 is superior to any other.
FSX had TileProxy that used satellite maps and after some FLs you could not see much difference anyways tho.

That’s a bit generic, if you mean the systems inside the plane, P3D have it better.

Like road vehicles and objects? They are mostly irrelevant when you fly, you are far from those at least 97% of the time, so not a huge point.

Yes this is another point that they totally nailed and nothing on the market compares to it right now.

I’d not call half of the flight simulation “little”.

“I’m sorry if your car moves only if you push it but hey, you are using the expectation of cars moving with the engine you got from other cars…” I mean really? Of course I’ll look for what I wish to find to tell myself “ok it’s time to move”.

Seems like a lot of people have access to some kind of knowledge that those things will be implemented that I can’t find nowhere, any chance you can share it?

Except I also fly helicopters and low routes so I’d like to see ground better too, but I guess you are not interested in any flight longer than a hundred of NMs and you just fly it visually or direct GPS route because otherwise I’d not understand your excitement and feel to defend the game even where it’s clearly a downgrade.