Not one penny more until CTDs get fixed

I would agree 100% but the FH5 announcement was a good example as MS/Xbox games have indeed been blowing their trumpet about those numbers and if FS2020 were anywhere near that then there would be a lot of noise made about it.

You don’t really need need to dig too far to find plenty of other examples which put player numbers into perspective. HZD sold 10m copies on PS4 alone in its first 2 years before it was even released to PC. This trend repeats itself all over with “regular” titles.

Flight simulation is a very niche genre.

I suffer similar issues. If I play the base game with no DLC I generally have no issues unless I fly long flights above 8hrs. However soon as I use DLC I can almost CTD at any point. It’s almost as if it cannot handle the sheer amount of data. I am not sure if it’s the same on different platforms, maybe less of an issue with PC due to varying specifications, but as an Xbox user it really suffers.

I had thought the CTD issue was open and being investigated as a possible memory leak type issue. I have found after GOTY it’s gotten even worse though.

Have tried all the suggestions via the ticket system Zen desk and has made no difference

1 Like

I’m the same. I’m suprised they didn’t even come out and address how bad the last update was.

Nada, not even a hotfix

A hotfix is in the works

I hope so!

Is that confirmed?

Yeah

2 Likes

Err… why exactly do I need to know how you spend your money?
Why another topic about msfs frustrations?
Do you really think that building pressure with these kind of posts helps to get a fix sooner?
I would say that sending a bug through zendesk or in this forum and voting is the best way to gather all necessary information.

And it will make this forum a lot cleaner.

2 Likes

I agree but in all fairness, We know what forums can get like lol

I tell you what, you are going to save a hell of a lot of money because I do not think CTD’s will ever go away. MSFS 2020 is constantly evolving, sometimes for better and most times in my opinion for worse.

I know Sims can be very complex for the Devs…All i wish is that they stop breaking things that were working before a big update comes out

Id rather wait 6 months for sim updates to stop them breaking things

You’re assuming this topic is directed at you personally? If you’re not interested, why are you commenting?

Because after a year since launch, the quality of updates being pushed out delivers plenty of frustrations to discuss.

It’s not about getting a fix sooner, it’s about getting them to acknowledge our issues and frustrations.

Many people are submitting Zendesk reports multiple times for the same bugs. Some of which have been present for months. Besides, this is the General Discussion forum, not the Bugs and Issues forum. One way to reduce the amount of discussions like these is to not release untested, half finished updates.

4 Likes

Thanks for the clarification.
@tamalien or @SeedyL3205, I am just wondering: is triaging actually also influenced by the emotion on the forum, or maiknly by the votes that bug posts and zendesk tickets get?

I truly appreciate posts that add absolutely nothing to the topic at hand while at the same time making the case that the topic isn’t needed. If you’re not interested simply read another thread. Clearly plenty of people are. And this is not a frustration thread but rather a solution thread.

1 Like

People are more vocal when they want to complain. Praise is often left unsaid.

People don’t tend to visit a forum until they have an issue hence you see more problems than anything else on forums.

2 Likes

How hard does P2D push your pc compared to MSFS? Curious if the latter is pushing something over the edge component wise?

This is definitely true, for most things.

I will say though that you didn’t see this level of complaining with SU6 because that was a generally good release with no where near as many problems as this one. In fact, I do remember reading praise on the forums after SU6, so it does occur, just not in the same numbers. Which is understandable since a good release will allow players time to actually play and not troubleshoot.

1 Like

All i want for christmas is…For the Tool bar to be working again for VR for this long awaited Hotfix thats coming

That is true, people gravitate to negativity, especially now. But, not sure people only go to a forum when they have something to complain about. If that were true, when Asobo corrects everything, they can close the forum.

1 Like

@StatesideSiren4 I am not sure if this is applicable in your case as I have no idea if you run Win 11 or install the optional cumulative updates that are available up to 4 weeks before being pushed on the normal Windows Update Tuesday.

However, reports are that KB5007262 (Win 11 only?) is causing the ctd issue that you are describing.
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/611352-ctd-caused-by-win11-kb5007262-update/

So many external factors seem to be able to affect the stability of MSFS these days… and it is so time consuming to track down what may be causing an issue, assuming that it is an issue external to MSFS in the first place, which isn’t always guaranteed either!

(I opted out, a few months ago, from the insider hub Windows Gaming preview, that I don’t even ever remember signing up for. That caused me reliability issues in MSFS)

I do hope stability in the sim returns for you soon.

1 Like

I’ll be honest, I havnt really spent any extra on add-ons for the simple reason of CTDs and bizarre issues that frequently crop up. They need to improve the stability of this sim on Xbox before I would even consider adding airports etc

1 Like