Not seeing problem with trees here....Drop a photo / let's compare

Hmmm…I’ll have to take your word for it. I’m thinking nobody ever saw what I used to see. Did they…compare it to that? But I thank all that wanted to say the same thing. :sunglasses:

Lol yea he probably thought you were attacking him by saying you’re not high enough to see the issues. I giggled when I read his response knowing you’ll think, where did that come from?! Lol.

Understood…Thank you. But to say mine is as bad as his. They are certainly not the same. Mine used to look like his, but after update it does not, with noticeable improvement. Will it get better, who knows…I hope so too, of course. But for now, it’s better than what he has, although, it is not to the infinity line that they remember it to be. Cheers! :100: :+1:

1 Like

Actually, the default draw distance is approx 4nm. With the Trees Draw Distance Fix by FSBlog it was 10nm before SU3.

1 Like

The main difference I notice is mountains where a road or river runs up the side. The extended draw distance in the past would cover the poor rendering of distant rivers and roads but no longer does. (RTX3070 on ultra at 1440p)

2 Likes

I’ve noticed the reduced tree range on my system too, would love to have it restored. The sim is running much better in VR now on my Quest 2, but rather than being the results of fixes, updates and better drivers it seems to be a combination of downgrades that make it run better.

LOD distance noticeable reduced, and the latest Quest 2 link version 27 update has nerfed 80Hz and 90HZ so 72 Hz is forced.

So, yes, I’m enjoying MSFS more now than before, but only because I’m running at 72HZ and my draw distane has been nerfed, not really progress.

1 Like

It is worth noting that people in the past running with trees on medium or high would have had a similar draw distance to now.

The reduced draw distance is compared to the old ultra, or in particular the old high or ultra with one of the tree distance mods (that no longer work) installed.

Those mods pretty much doubled the draw distance (even on medium settings to save FPS). You got to set your trees to high or medium to get less trees spawning close by and trash your frames BUT could extend the distance they spawned with a mod that extended draw distance without changing the number of trees spawning close by.

The OP seems to be saying, “compared to my old settings I notice no difference”. that may well be true if he was not using a draw mod to extend the draw distance, especially if he was previously on high.

2 Likes

I totally agree. Maybe they are finding their way back out of this mess. I can hope! :100: :slightly_smiling_face:

For me before all this, you didn’t have to really try to get trees to infinity. It just happened…nothing special about it. Frankly, it really all worked better. (RTX2060 EVGA, ULTRA)

Safe to say that most of the terrain looks worse after the last update, including trees and terrain blurring…

2 Likes

Downgrading PC games when console releases are close is the most common practise. Like really, how many times does it need to happen before people see it when it starts? Who would buy this sim on console, or even buy a console since this one is a system seller, if every second Youtube videos shows how it looks better on PC than on console. You bought into the game to early, guys. Patience is virtue! There is a reddit perfect for this sim: r/patientgamers

2 Likes

Each pic has an altitude above the pick. Hope this gives you some extra perspective. I’m just trying to help here…not get beat up in the process. If there was a solution, we’d ALL be a lot happier…but for now, I’m OK!

1300’

1900’

2600’

3500’

4500’

5000’

I’ve made this comment before.

Check the visibility with the weather.

On high pressure days visibility can be reduced due to a light layer of haze. You don’t see this directly in front of you but off at a distance. This is especially visible at the horizon

These days don’t have clouds, but MSFS appears to blur the “draw distance” to reflect this visibility reduction. In my opinion, in this scenario it is very close to real life flights I take.

1 Like

Wow!..That is actually a very powerful comment. Everything has to be rendered. Anything visually skewed, even if unintentional, looks like they didn’t do there job. While I’m OK with what I’m seeing now, I know where these guys are coming from. It was really awful for me before the fix. But it didn’t help across the board. I appreciate your input and hopefully it helps going forward. Cheers!

Tree size adjusted in new update. Hopefully mods will work again! Crossing fingers and downloading…

1 Like

There is no improvement at all after the update for me, this picture was taken in ultra 200 Lod, it is terrible …

1 Like

It’s still really bad yes. And OP still doesn’t understand the difference between latitude and altitude. I agree it’s worse the further north you fly. I fly a lot in my home country Sweden and the tree draw distance limit is very pronounced.

2 Likes

I did post some pics from Sweden here…

Why did they bother trying to mess with something that was never broken. The tree distance mods made it abundantly obvious that tree draw distance had little to no affect on performance & not only default but the mod looked far better a couple months ago.

Saw none either looks like I will have to reinstall the tree mod!