Nothing has been fixed (WU6)

But there were some people saying “WOW! So cool to fly in the hurricane!”

Apparently they have no idea you can’t actually fly a small Cessna in a hurricane that size as it will destroy the plane and turn you upside down a couple of times.

I really hope they will fix the weather, it’s the most important thing if you want to simulate flight if you ask me.

5 Likes

And that i should have though was cool and realistic to not be able to fly in it in those small aircrafts. If we want to look at the clouds we can use the drone cam thats already in the sim or turn on assists.

1 Like

Perfect enemy for a game

Think it would be way nicer if you see this big storm and actually have to worry about it. That’s a big part of aviation. Nature is scary and you should plan your flight around bad situations.

Ida was just a little bumpy in the sim like a normal bumpy flight you can have any day when it’s not cavok.

2 Likes

Oh man. It would be so good to try Ida again after WU6.

It seems that there are two issues: boundary layer around ground and the ability to control gusts.

Regarding the first topic, I would still like to see more activity closer to the ground. I think Asobo should bring back the old roller coaster gust model. It was more realistic, or at least put into easy vs hard realism settings.

A few people hadn’t experienced severe weather, and complained they couldn’t land. Now low level gusts are docile.

On the second issue, it seems like people are reporting gusting is not working when they set the weather. However I contend that it works beautifully well when moving into live wx storms. If it is working in live weather, the next step would be to make it controllable in weather settings. I agree that this can be improved.

2 Likes

You don’t need to test it. A storm/hurricane should be more dangerous on ground because of more gusts than in the air now it’s nothing on ground and just like a normal little bumpy flight in the air without need of inputs from us. Maybe a little bit more gusts but not as METAR reports because it’s limited in some sort to make it easier for us. I can’t think of any other excuse for it because this should be easier to fix than those graphics sliders they implement because those graphics sliders we didn’t have from beginning.

It’s their own graphics engine so graphics is the thing they know.

The sim related stuff is old FSX code that somebody else made 20-40 years ago. It probably looks like Chinese to them. That’s why they are having a hard time with ATC, the SDK, weather and other aviation related stuff.

5 Likes

But they told us before release they made this sim for simmers in mind. Now it looks like they make it for graphics enthusiasts and removing/limit sim features to make it easier to look at the awseome scenery.

Nothing? I would not say that.

So far no CTDs from various flights i have done so far. Thank you! This is different than SU5 when I had a lot of CTDs until hotfix fixed only some of them. I hope the stability, for me, holds. I know it is not a fix for all. Would have been nice to see more bug fixes from SU5 (i.e. Broken “Toggle Spoiler” still not fixed that SU5 broke).

The graphics are improved a bit over SU5 downgrade but still short of what we had pre-SU5

World map bug is still there:

I was in fact flying in a storm. Even MSFS depicted the weather conditions nicely. The problem was that the winds were pretty constant. 29-31 kts when I checked the G1000 PFD. The plane was also pretty stable, except for the drift caused by the strong but constant winds. All in all a disappointment experience.

Could you please try loading up a flight (preferably a GA aircraft) and see whether manually adjusting gust winds causes any changes? In my case the effects are minimal to none.

exactly i believe any company can do it better than asobo care for free world updates is zero
just look at photogrammetry in all world updates - every city like amsterdam vienna and others has shoddy photogrammetry with cranes floating midway in the air with smudgy half loaded buildings city looking blurry even from high distance comparing to photogrammetry which were present already in the game when it was released (i checked 40 photogrammetry cities properly already and all were sharp and fine)
i stopped looking forward to new photogrammetry cities after this sixth update
plus photogrammetry is now loaded too late properly after this update many times when i fly through objects they dont even start to load in basel and vienna
very disappointed asobo whats the point to release world updates when you dont really care

I think they released too soon under pressure of the big bosses at Microsoft, and also made it work on Xbox under a lot of pressure. I think the Top gun delay is good for us. Maybe they can focus a bit on fixes now, and maybe some features we asked for a long time ago.

Every day they work on commercial nonsense they can’t work on serious features.

6 Likes

It’s very quickly turning into another MS Flight.

2 Likes

Maybe it is, can’t they just tell us that instead of let us speculate about it. I think it’s better to be honest in the long run. It will make many simmers upset when they not telling us why a obvious bug is not fixed yet. I don’t think they want that because it’s the simmers that will stay for a long time.

1 Like

Finishing up Athens to Lagos now. WU6 has my FPS down a bit, likely from the cache setting on Ultra, but it’s running very well. No issues…for now.

I have the same issue on XSX too!! Aswell as a load of POI not rendering in WU6.

Flew over the Allianz arena and Olympic stadium in Berlin and both were like pits dug in the ground with some weird lighting. Also some castles I flew over just rendered flat on the ground

Xbox is a bit of a mess to be fair especially in built up areas

1 Like

But who validated this update, Asobo the level has fallen very low this time.

Oh no, the ground texture bug still persists, just now in other locations.
Seems to wander back and forth with each WU. Now it’s in the UK.

The south of the Isle of Man has been like that since the start, you can even see it on Bing maps.

I’m Manx myself and would love to see this fixed but I also know they can’t just whizz the Bing satellite over there and it’s just a case of being patient.

And P.S. the island isn’t part of the UK.