Nothing in the community Folder is recognised / not installed after new update

Lol. There’s a greater chance every forum member winning the lottery than that happening.

8 Likes

Yup, I have the same issue. Everything in my community folder both freeware and payware is showing as “Not Installed”. If I try using one of the items you get an immediate CTD.

Tested some stuff, listed as “not installed” but available and working in the sim, so no bid deal. But QA is still ridiculously bad over at Asobo, seriously…

1 Like

Remove one by one and see which one is causing the crash. Addons are working even if they show as “Not Installed”, but some are causing CTDs.

This is not unusual, every update needs the addon developers to update their addons if there are issues.

For me, these addons are working fine. This is my standard set of addons, I don’t use too many. These are always enabled.

2 Likes

This isn’t a serious regression as it doesn’t actually break anything. Content which was not installed via the Marketplace now shows up as uninstalled in Content Manager, but this has no actual affect on the behavior of the Community Folder. Any add-ons installed to the Community folder should still load as expected, regardless of the install status claimed by Content Manager. I have verified that both Marketplace content (which correctly shows installed) and non-marketplace content (which incorrectly shows as uninstalled) load as expected in the simulator. Really, since non-marketplace content isn’t updated via Content Manager, the only thing broken is that now it is not possible to delete such content directly from Content Manager. The workaround is to delete the folder manually from Community folder, which is what most of us do as a matter of course.

Anyone encountering crashes should follow the tried and true method of emptying the Community Folder and gradually adding add-ons back in to determine which add-on(s) are causing problems. Using an add-on manager like this one is highly recommended as it replaces items in the Community Folder with symbolic links, which makes adding and removing items almost instantaneous. I have a large number of add-ons (both payware and freeware) and had no issues, so the update did not break things generally.

6 Likes

did you restart the sim?

Apparently Asobo has made a change to the virtual file system. Some mods are affected and some aren’t.

1 Like

Mine didn’t show up in the sim map until I verified all my Orbx add-ons from Orbx Central.

I am having the same problem. The SIM comes up only if there is nothing in the Community folder. Trying to figure this one out.

It looks like the FlyByWire A320 may be causing my problem. Will await input from them if indeed it is a problem with the bus.

The Experimental branch is working fine, and I’m sure they will have an update out to the other branches today. They are very quick with this stuff.

Check your liveries as well. I know that some liveries were causing crashes.

Well ok. That an or some Addons break with a New update this may happen…ok waiting for an addon Update.

But is it somehow possible to show everything that’s in the community folder as installed.
As normally this is the case.
If an addon is in community folder it IS installed.
If it’s not in there it IS NOT INSTALLED

I also ask because we also have the ability to filter in the content manager and I also have some Asobo sceneries not installed as I have a better payware for them. But these are 5 or 6 things that are not installed But not over 900 which is shown now.

Its not only starting the Sim, it´s also some Mods are crash at start to a flight

Having the same issue ! but after checking there are all available. phew

Payware TNCM addon just caused a CTD for me.

That addon isn’t even in the Community folder, it’s in the Official one???

Having CTDs here when I launch the game with any addon on Community folder. Of course, I updated after removing all content. If I leave the folder empty, the sim works.

Yes, I’m in the same boat. I’m not sure what the problem is though. If the you are trying to figure out whether the Asobo airports are still uninstalled, just filter by name. As you say, there are only a few of them.

I’m not saying that you shouldn’t be annoyed by the fact that this got broken, but in the scheme of things this isn’t serious. It doesn’t affect game behavior and you can easily work around it. File a ticket with Zen Desk so they can get this fixed with the next update (and hopefully add a test so that this doesn’t happen again). Stuff like this happens in software all the time. Minor issues surface with updates, they get fixed, and we move on. There have certainly been mistakes made by Asobo that are worthy of customer wrath, but IMO this isn’t one of them.

1 Like

Could be a change in the manifest.json. Or could just be a bug.

Hi,

All my 141 add-ons (all payware) working fine even with the “not listed” bug.

Took me 3 hours to test.

But i know for 99.99% sure that everything is oke :slight_smile:

Happy flying everybody!

Greeings

Matthias (mnpostema)
H135 sound pack and H135 “Lifeliner 3 edition” developer

7 Likes

Well I got about 500 sceneries (about half of them payware)
Are we really supposed to do this testing after every sim update??
As you said it took you 3 hours…should than be about 6 to 9 hours to me…