NOW RELEASED - Shorts Sd3-30 / Sd3-60 and Sherpa project from Blackbox

PLEASE be aware the current price point covers 9 Different Aircraft and well over 30 Liveries … They include fully working systems and highly accurate flight models. These things take time ( And of course Money) To develop. However, We are in the process of packing smaller, more targeted editions with of course a lower pricing structure. please see below link for details

Might be picking up the Sherpa version then. Do you know an approximate timeline for this? Will it be this week?

Definiteley . . possibly even late today

2 Likes

Thanks! Can’t wait!

1 Like

Quite an enthusiastic and interesting review :slight_smile:
Very fair and worth a look …

PLEASE NOTE - Many of the points noted here ( And in other reviews) have been… or are being fixed at this very moment

Enjoy

3 Likes

I was up until 3am on Saturday night just having a blast with this thing. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Please … we accept no liability for lost sleep :wink: )

6 Likes

Enjoyed that, often find the YT reviewers take themselves a bit too seriously, in this case the content and delivery is nice.

3 Likes

A couple of items for fellow Axes and Ohs users:

I encountered an issue with configuring the tiller on the Shorts. I had configured all the axes in AAO using the Select Event option as recommended. I am using the twist grip on my Virpil flight stick for the tiller. I discovered that the tiller does not work with the gust lock engaged with the tiller mapped to the AXIS_TILLER_SET event. So I re-mapped the tiller to the Tiller simulator axis (top selection box in the assignment dialog), and problem solved.

I was able to get the condition levers to move from cutoff to ground with FUELSYSTEM_VALVE_OPEN and CLOSE commands, but so far unable to find the AAO mapping to go from ground to flight. Anyone have better mappings for this?

I requested these (and other 80s/90s US regional carrier liveries) on the fs.to request page. They got plenty of supporting votes but unfortunately nobody has taken them up yet. Blackbox has said they will be doing an Eagle livery which hopefully comes sooner rather than later! And hopefully the community does some as well- I’m surprised there aren’t any out yet.

1 Like

I went ahead and bought the full edition. What surprises me immediately: the long manual does not have any performance charts. I was expecting this. Also, it doesn’t have a checklist to print and use. I hope this will be added.

1 Like

Do you know which bundle(s) will be submitted for marketplace?

ALL bundles will be available on Marketplace (Eventually)
The timing is out of our control

1 Like

Can the autopilot fly a GPS route? I’ve seen a bit of conflicting information on this.

Yes it can, and ILS approaches & landings.

2 Likes

Yes … there is a full TUTORIAL (Documentation AND Flight) supplied which can show you exactly how to easily achieve this

3 Likes

BE AWARE HOWEVER !!!
That the AP will auto disconnect at 100 Feet so dont expect “Autoland” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Someone posted a checklist on flightsim.to

6 Likes

Autoland in the Shorts? That would be a thing to see!

1 Like

They rarely had autopilot, let alone autoland :smile: