Now waiting for Hotfix 2

Do you see many multiplayer aircraft? Then that’s probably the reason for AI/realtime not to spawn additionally.
Pick an airport less frequented by players (or a server not matching the region you’re flying in) or disable multiplayer to check if then you get realtime traffic.

Indeed. I have noticed this in the Bonanza.
It’s several waypoints. Including Time_Climb and Time_Approach(?)

I’ve seen it automatically create flight plans where I guess the idea would be to allow an inexperienced used to throw the throttle into the firewall on the runway then hit autopilot once in the air and it leads you direct to lined up for approach.

Sadly they can’t be deleted.

Even sadder. They appear to not take terrain into account. I’ve had some that would have lead me directly into cliffs.

I have not got multiplayer enabled never have, but before update there were plenty of RT AI.

If you plan VFR Direct routes, you get these artificial points. But afaik as soon as you plan a proper route, they should be gone.

1 Like

Like your self and many others here I have been here from the start as well and like you I am also starting to think along the same lines. I have tried to stay optimistic to date through the updates so far and had high hopes after SU 4, but not so much now.

Having had time now to fly my favourite A/C and currently on a flight in the CJ4 experiencing exactly what you demonstrate above, this is undoubtedly the worst update to date, there is so much broken.

Just in this flight, I have to remap most of the controls I used and were working well, throttle axis reversed so on so forth , I took off to find my buttons for the landing gear would not work, now I find out that I only have an option to Toggle gear, no option for gear up, gear down anymore, so I am now thinking what was the point in investing in a HOTAS. This has obviously been done to try and shoehorn everything in to an xbox controller.

Like so may others I have spent a small fortune on a high end PC to run this SIM and now really left wondering was it all worth it.

I completely understand that sometimes we need to take a step back in order to move forward but for me this was far too many steps backwards and I am afraid, I don’t see any quick way out of where we are now.

1 Like

that too but the registration and callsign problem is more important to me

I’m going nuts too because of that :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: I’m at around 5000$ I think…

2 Likes

Nice job with the landing. A few questions, if I might. First, is experiencing regular unexplained CTDs an ongoing problem for you? Second, have you gone through the list of “usual suspects”? By that I mean do you have all overclocks (including memory) turned off, is your Community folder completely empty? How much RAM do you have? What are your system specs? Which GPU driver are you using? I could continue, but by now you must know the list of things. Third, why in the world are you flying that aircraft? The FBW version makes that one look almost like it was made by a smart high schooler, and considering the price (or rather, the lack of one) that the A32NX carries, I can’t imagine why you wouldn’t use it.

Third, if you are having an ongoing problem with CTDs, have you examined why that might be happening to you and not other people?

Sounds a lot like real life, depending on the weather, of course. Besides, if you are trying to replicate IFR flight, whether in a tubeliner going 400 kts, or even in a run of the mill 172 at 1/4th the speed, the whole point is being able to get from Point-A to Point-B without being able to see anything at all, save a few hundred feet vertically, and tenths of a mile horizontally on takeoff and landing. And even that doesn’t have to be crystal clear, so long as the RVR requirements are met.

That statement is far from true for everybody. Clearly there is an angry and very loud subset of people dealing with such things, but were it as widespread as many of those same people would have us believe, it would be headline news in the gaming world. It’s not.

2 Likes

Nice job with the landing. A few questions, if I might. First, is experiencing regular unexplained CTDs an ongoing problem for you? Second, have you gone through the list of “usual suspects”? By that I mean do you have all overclocks (including memory) turned off, is your Community folder completely empty? How much RAM do you have? What are your system specs? I could continue, but by now you must know the list of things. Third, why in the world are you flying that aircraft? The FBW version makes that one look almost like it was made by a smart high schooler, and considering the price (or rather, the lack of one) that the A32NX carries, I can’t imagine why you wouldn’t use it.

Third, if you are having an ongoing problem with CTDs, have you examined why that might be happening to you and not other people?

Sounds a lot like real life, depending on the weather, of course. Besides, if you are trying to replicate IFR flight, whether in a tubeliner going 400 kts, or even in a run of the mill at 1/4th the speed, the whole point is being able to get from Point-A to Point-B without being able to see anything at all, save the last few hundred feet vertically, and tenths of a mile horizontally.

That statement is far from true for everybody. Clearly there is an angry and very loud subset of people dealing with such things, but were it as widespread as many of those same people would have us believe, it would be headline news in the gaming world. It’s not.

You still have the PC though right? You can use it for other things? My own system didn’t cost nearly that much and can run this game in 4K Ultra with no crashes. So…

1 Like

Honestly, in 2D seems more stable now but using the reverb G2 is freezing every 5 minutes and I have to end the MSFS task. I’ve spent 5000$ including rudder pedals, honeycomb bravo and alpha, Reverb G2 …solely for MSFS… It’s back on kijiji if the game is not fixed but I know it will…I’m just saying that it’s not stable right now and I’m angry because I play every single day and now I’m a bit frustrated to be stuck flying in 2D, it’s just too boring and I’d rather not play at all. Worst thing is that I was part of the SU5 beta and I’ve been having a blast with it for the past 3-4 weeks without a single CTD…but not sure what happened with the official release on july 27th but I am now experiencing tons of CTD and freezes… I know it’ll be fix but I just can’t wait to play again!!

Emptying my Community folder also helped preventing CTDs.
Am going to reintroduce a few packages at a time to try and find the culprit…

1 Like

I said “headline”. You found a story, yes, but not only is it not the top story, which it would be if it were as widespread as reading this and other threads would lead you to believe, I couldn’t even find a link to the story on the front page at all.

With regards to your G2s, I have those, too, and love them, but it’s hardly fair to hold MS responsible for something that HPs product is doing. I get blackouts, strobing, and other issues, and am planning to have my device warranty replaced (something you might consider, too, given the symptoms you described), but that’s HPs problem.

I haven’t been able to start one flight yet since the last update, including hotfix. :hot_face:

1 Like

I’m back in the game after 3 days, I got a list from the Zendesk and there were a couple of apps including Discord and a logitech app on the bad list.

I have killed them off after reloading windows and it is all working ok now , so I guess Ill go find out of CTD!

Installing should not have been this hard, the installer is a mess and they need to clean it up.

I started one flight after SU5 just to see what was changed. I have not been able to start the game since then. That was 3 days ago. Everytime I try to start the game I am taken to the MS Store where a Gaming Services screen pops up. That screen says Gaming Services is installed. But I can’t do anything after that. I have been trying suggestions I have found for 3 days. Still stuck at Gaming Services. I have been using the XBox For PC Pass since MSFS was released last year. 3 weeks ago I decided to buy the Standard version since that’s all I need. Then SU5 comes along and now I can’t get the game to start. I don’t know what else to do. I don’t want to uninstall and go back to FS9 but I might have to. 2 days ago I fired up my old computer and did a flight in FS9. It was so enjoyable to have things work as they should. But I would really like to get MSFS working again.

Yes I had another temperature spike last night after the hotfix

Yes. I tried vatsim with real weather yesterday with fbw a320neo. I get temp of +45c at fl170 and Isa deviation +29c or something. Plane struggles to climb above fl200

This was even after applying the hotfix.

1 Like

Someone should create a timer showing how long since Asobo has posted anything about it at all

2 Likes