Now waiting for Hotfix 2

paid addons then, these are mods too?

First of all the must fix that white dot.

I have verified that turning off multiplayer doesn’t bring back realtime Airline traffic. Maybe the connection to the server is broken and hopefully something that can easily be fix. The ciaos at airports with a the additional player is unbearable.

I disabled Multiplayer until something can be done disable some players that are just ruining the game.

It’s now basically impossible to do a landing a a big airport without people just crossing runways everywhere, pulling into the runway as you’re trying to land, etc. that use to happen every now and then, but not very often. It’s now a nightmare.

Will look into the Groups option. I have about 80 friends in FS, so maybe I can just invite them to a groups and just see them and live Airline traffic when they fix it.

Really strange.
Heathrow isn’t very welcoming in terms of weather, but I see multiple British Airways aircraft flying in and out right after starting the flight:

Actually sometimes more crowded than I’d like to :smiley:

Funnily the forum software compresses the images so that the clouds look all colorful (purplish) but ingame they look perfectly gray.

And there are quite many in the vincinity:

Comparing with Flightradar24, it seems to match the real world quite well.

Try turning off Data in the general options and turn it on again, maybe something is stuck. But in general it should work (North Europe server here).

Here are my settings for comparison:

Strange that only a few of us are having the problem of not seeing live airline traffic. I never use AI traffic and always real-time traffic with multiplayer enabled. I have disabled multiplayer due to the huge mess of way too many people at big airports. Seems that what some have said is a maximum of 30 players is also broke. Try flying KJFK and there are way more than 30 players there and total ciaos.

I have not tried it, but I have heard some say that AI planes is also in SU5 also broken. But I will check it out.

Disabling Multiplayer takes you offline and that is why no live airline traffic is seen. Bellow are all my setting and as you can see, not a gingle airliner in KJFK.

But I guess this bug is only affecting some of us. I would love to be able to turn multiplayer off and just see the airline traffic.

Your status is set to offline, something is wrong with that.
I’d try to sign out and back in in the XBox App.

You should be “Online” and be able to select a server. As long as you don’t the realtime traffic is just a follow-up issue.

Oh and don’t disable multiplayer in the options but set Player Aircraft to “Group only” in the world map. That should keep you online. Not sure if that’s the main issue but at least that’s how it works for me.

We’re getting a bit off topic, but it just shows that calmly discussing individual issues sometimes is more helpful than raging with general phrases and asking for rollback.

EDIT: Confirmed, if you set Multiplayer to “OFF” in the data options, you won’t see realtime traffic either. Setting it to ON and changing the world map to “Group only” results in realtime traffic to be visible.
It might be a bug that these are dependent, but at least this way you should get the realtime traffic to work.

I signed off and back on from within FS without brining it down and have verified that turning off Multiplayer takes me offline. As soon as I turn Multiplayer back on I go back Online.

I guess that is a bug only a few of us have. What a bummer :pensive:

Please read my edit. You need to set Multiplayer to ON and in the world map to “Group only”. This should work.

Thanks for your help! Went back to Multiplayer and to group only, and now show online but still no airline traffic.

One interesting thing that I did see, is that I am now for some reason showing the old Flight Model instead of the Locked and I think Free that they had changed in SU5. Maybe the Hotfix put it back to the old way. Anyway I use to always run on Modern and still on Modern. I tried cycling to see if it would go back to Locked, but it didn’t.

Again, thanks for you help. I will just stay on Multiplayer with Group Only enable and hope to soon see some airline traffic.

Not sure if you’re not mixing options.
Flight Model should be “Modern”, right.
But there is no “Locked” Flight Model. “Locked” is an option for the Cockpit Interaction System under General Options - Assistance and setting it to Legacy brings you the old way of using knobs and switches in the cockpit. Default after SU5 was “Locked” which confused many users

Fingers crossed
 Maybe try a different server, I tested with North Europe and it worked for me.
Live weather is working though?

I did switch back to All Players and now can’t find that Locked feature. Looked in all Assistance options and not there. Not sure where it’s at.

But a lot less players on North Europe :slight_smile:

Edit: Found Locked in General Options → Accessibility.

1 Like

WHERE in the world is that Zendesk list of bad apps?!?! Being armed with that list before installing SU5 might prevent tons of problems people are fighting.
Please reply with the contents of that list, OR, if it’s published publicly somewhere, a link.
Thanks for the info that such a list exists. Now, we need to get it widely circulated.

This one?

1. Seagate Toolkit
  2. Nahimic service
  3. Asus Sonic Studio 2
  4. Windows Audio Service
  5. Garmin Express
  6. WD Backup
  7. Logitech G Hub
  8. Project Lasso software
  9. MSI Afterburner / Riva Tuner Statistics Server
  10. EVGA Precision
  11. OBS
  12. Xsplit
  13. Discord
  14. MacType
  15. Warsaw Banking App
  16. Wallpaper Engine
  17. A-Volute Sound studio
  18. Malwarebytes
  19. Trend Micro Maximum Security
  20. Comodo Antivirus
  21. Sophos
  22. Emisoft Anti-Malware
  23. Avira
  24. Avast & Avast Cleanup
  25. Bullguard

Crashing/CTDs issues – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

they emailed a list when we could not install.Here is the list from Zendesk:

V. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE DISABLED PROGRAMS KNOWN TO CAUSE CONFLICTS

Before launching a new build, disable ALL non-essential apps on startup and disable ALL non-Windows apps and processes from running in the background before installing and testing the new build.

Pay particular attention to the programs from this list:

• Seagate Toolkit

• Nahimic service

• Asus Sonic Studio 2

• Windows Audio Service

• Garmin Express

• WD Backup

• Logitech G Hub

• Project Lasso software

• MSI Afterburner / Riva Tuner Statistics Server

• EVGA Precision

• OBS

• Xsplit

• Discord

• MacType

• Warsaw Banking App

• Wallpaper Engine

• A-Volute Sound studio

• Malwarebytes

• Trend Micro Maximum Security

• Comodo Antivirus

• Sophos

• Emisoft Anti-Malware

• Avira

• Avast & Avast Cleanup

• Bullguard

To disable apps on startup

• In the Windows Search bar, type “Task Manager”
  • Select Open
  • Go to the Start-up tab
  • Disable all non-Microsoft applications and services
  • Reboot the computer
  • Try launching Microsoft Flight Simulator again

To disable apps from running in the background wasting system resources

• Open Settings.
  • Click on Privacy.
  • Click on Background apps.
  • Under the “Choose which apps can run in the background” section, turn off the toggle switch for the apps you want to restrict.

So, A new clean,computer/windows installation best for every install/update? :grimacing:

3 Likes

Or you can get an Xbox, they don’t come with Malwarebytes or Afterburner :wink:

1 Like

Well in the end that is the only way it worked for me.

Two points:

1. You can only get an X Box S which is far less than my PC running at 5.3Ghz on 8 cores:
  2. X Box is extremely limiting for serious simmers as you can’t go outside their environment or their hardware.

Based on 1 or 2 if X box was the only choice Ill just stick with X plane.

3 Likes

You have to update the Content Manager in your Profile, than the throttle levers will function again.

1 Like