Number of “likes” limited on the forum?

Wasn’t quite sure how to tag this.

Why are “likes” limited on the forum here? I looked around a bit but couldn’t find an answer.

1 Like

The number of “likes” given is based on Trust Levels.

Default likes per a 24 hour period: 30

Those that have reached Trust Level 2 (TL2) will get 1.5x more per day for a total of 45 likes per day. Those that are at Trust Level 3 (TL3) will get 2x more; so 60 likes per day.

A 24 hour period starts from your first “like”.

2 Likes

I still for the life of me cannot see a reason to reduce likes.

Most of the rules in here make perfect sense to me, but I haven’t figured out a good reason to limit positivity. Can people weaponize the like function somehow?

I’m glad you asked this!

This is important.

:joy:

1 Like

Close! It’s more abuse of it. That is why there’s a daily limit.

1 Like

Lol, I figured it was at least on-par with someone complaining about screw head slots not being lined up on an airplane. :wink:

1 Like

The requirements to get to unlimited votes are not overly strenuous (my opinion). In case you haven’t seen the requirements, they can be found at the link below. I don’t think there’s any way to get unlimited likes for us mere mortals! :grinning:
Regards

1 Like

Do you mean unlimited “votes”? :slight_smile:

“Likes” are limited.

1 Like

I tried to like this but was told I can’t. :wink:

So am I correct that the only way to unlock unlimited likes is to ascend to TL3, “Trusted Member?” From what I can see, that is an invite-only level. Any guidelines on what us mouth-breathers can do to garner the (favorable) attention of the Community Team. Am I correct in guessing it’s Admins + Moderators that make up that group?

1 Like

I did mean votes and edited according, but I should probably just delete the post since it really doesn’t address the question brought up.
Regards

1 Like

You are almost correct. Moderators recommend users for TL3 to the Community Managers. :slight_smile:

Users that have the “Regular” title are at Trust Level 3.

As far as I know, even Moderators and Community Managers are limited too as it’s a system setting.

1 Like

I’m going to have to agree. Those of us who spend literally hours per day waiting for SolidWorks to load models have a lot of time to spend on these forums, and 45 likes is just not even close to enough for 24 hours. I can’t even understand why such a low number would be chosen.

I think the real question is, what is the logic behind such a low number of likes? Why do I have to pick and choose which posts I like? It’s very counterintuitive to me. You’d think the forum would want to support positive vibes, not suppress them.

Really. Is there a logical reason behind so few likes being allowed per person?

And yet, people can post as many negative posts as they like. It was getting so bad I had to leave the forum for a while. Thank goodness for the ability to block users, but even that wasn’t enough. For example, I got the feeling from this forum that the Aerosoft Twin Otter was just an awful product that the author was not supporting at a reasonable level, only to come to find out through a thread that technically has nothing to do with the Twin Otter over the last couple of days that it’s a super popular product, in fact, one of the most popular. And despite the facts of the vote, I still got pushback from a couple of users in that thread on the product when I pointed out the fact of its popularity. It would be super nice if this issue could be addressed somehow (not that I know how, but I think more likes would at least help :slight_smile: ). And that’s just a small example.

I don’t mean to be negative here, just wondering what the logic is.

It’s as if the rulemakers have no idea how many hours per day people spend on the forum…

Edit: And then, it hit me… They don’t want us here, they want us flying in the sim… :man_facepalming:

Had a laugh at that!

I will bring this up. See next post for a poll.

3 Likes
Number of “Likes” on the forum
  • I would like the number of “likes” to increase!
  • Nah, I’m OK with what we get.

0 voters

Thank you, @Hester40MT!

I hit my Like limit fairly regularly. I like to think of it as a reminder that I should take a break from the forums every now, and again! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.