Nvidia 471.41 driver performance

Benchmarking wise no difference, too hot to fly it for myself to visually see any difference. Looking forward to next weeks SU5, benchmarking aplenty!

first benchmark with Reverb G2.

2 Likes

Sorry, I made a mistake in my tests. Looks like I rather have same performance.

Iā€™m still sticking with my 10% :grinning:

1 Like

Well, I had changed render scaling to 70% whereas I was using 80% at my last test. That made 10% more fps.

2 Likes

HAGs off for me and I am using the default NVCP profile.

Take care!

Ive tried it with Hags on and Hags off, plus the game optimize in xbox settings. Doesnt seem to make any real difference here. Sometimes with Hags on it seems to run better other times it doesnt lol?

Iā€™m the same way, Iā€™ve stayed pretty quiet about it to not cause any more confusion. But system differences are too many to find any single answer. I get better smoothness with HAGS on. But thatā€™s me, you may be different. Bottom line, test for yourself and find what works best. But, might as well wait until we get SU5 next week.

I didnā€™t notice any better or worse with gtx 1080ti.
Also waiting for SU5ā€¦

100/100 on G2? My dream. I have 3080 FTW3 1800Mhz stock, modestly overclocked to +101 (1901Mhz), which should get me almost to 3090 territory. So theoretically I could get close to your performance. I run 5900X CPU and 64Gb 3800Mhz RAM. What settings are you using on Nvidia CP / MSFS VR ? Reprojection on or off?

3080 vs. 3090 does make a difference - Iā€™ve switched from an O/C 3080 to 3090 Aorus Xtreme and gained 5ā€¦10 FPS depending on scene. This is with G2, 11900k, 32 GB 3866C15, Intel Optane 905p, 100Mbit/s, 100/100, OXR and a mixture of ultra-high-medium settings and LOD 150. NV control panel is default settings except pre-rendered frames = 2, power management = max. performance, ani-filtering = performance, HAGS is off. Without motion reprojection Iā€™m getting ~30 FPS, but it is not smooth when looking out of the side windows / down. Therefore Iā€™m using motion repro which locks at 22.5 FPS and it is a lot smoother, however Iā€™m getting some occasional stutters.
By the way, the 200% desktop scaling trick does not work for me.

1 Like

No real (frame) numbers from here, but it feels a bit smoother, especially the micro stutters seems to be far less. My gpu is a 3080.

I posted in another similar threads. I spent lot of times benchmarking this new version and Iā€™m inside error margin, so similar perfs for me than previous version. Didnā€™t try yet in MSFS, no change expected.

1 Like

Thanks for your settings! I actually tried 100/100 today but canā€™t comment on the result because Iā€™m under NDA. Will try again with your settings. I also use reprojection because I canā€™t stand a jerky cockpit.

1 Like

You fly with google Cardboard @vga resolution?

Actually now I have Windows 11 I play 1080p @ 100% renderscale, with scattered clouds on high, ultra reflections and many of the rest at medium ā€¦ with only 2GB vram I just have to avoid cities and large airports.

ok, but this thread is for VR :wink:

Oh yes sorry ā€¦ and good luck :rofl:

471.41 bone stock no changes + new update is working great for me
Renamed the community folder before the update, havenā€™t gone to update it, just flew without mods.
Havenā€™t done any FPS testing, just enjoying flying for once!! But its working well.
HAGS off and Game mode off
Reverb G2 OXR 100/ reprojection disabled /
Sim Render 75 (mostly medium some Hight) LOD 100/100
i7 6700K, 32gb, NMV.2, RTX 3070

Would love to see if folks are getting better performance with changes to pre-rendered frames, power management, performance, Anti-filtering etc.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.