Nvidia DLSS support

Here is fresh news about DLSS and Unreal Engine 4:

In ml based up scaling the details a filled in when motion stops.

Also we don’t read numbers on analog clocks after we become familiar with the location of the fixed numbers

Also dlss would help without rt.

Night flying near cities, higher res at higher frame rates

1 Like

I’ve seen the positive effects on pc games.

For a while I was wondering if PCs were being abandoned because low sales and piracy.

Now with the unified dev platforms, studios like project red, can fund large projects over long periods by releases on consoles.

The truth is in the numbers. Console gamers out number pc gamers. If a studio ignores the gamers, they are leaving money on the table.

DLSS 1.0 did that for every frame, but DLSS 2.0 employs standard sub-pixel jitter like most TAA solutions. There is a rare bug in Cyberpunk 2077 with DLSS enabled where the anti-aliasing component stops working, and it reveals the jitter pattern on the aliased image.

This means that even with no motion, the full upscaled image should remain quite accurate compared to the ground truth, meanwhile DLSS 1.0 used to hallucinate in some circumstances. FFXSR will also probably use a similar, temporal approach.

Dear Asobo Studio,

MFS is an amazing game and absolutely gorgeous. However, it hurts when even the best pc system in the world is struggling to run the game at a decent frame rate at max/ultra settings, especially at resolutions above 1080p (e.g. 1440p, ultrawide to 4k), where the beauty and intricate details of the graphic really shine. But with frame rate between 20 - 40 fps, the game is no longer enjoyable and lacks that silky smooth gameplay experience that I’m sure all MFS pilots all around the world will come to appreciate should they have the chance to see it. So, please optimize the game’s performance and/or at least implement Nvidia DLSS to give us that performance boost that everyone is craving for. Thank you!

10 Likes

Yes, please do so.

Apart all time CTD with CoherentUIGT.dll error 0xc0000005 on a board (every game update is getting worst and worst). All these payware gouges airports/aircraft etc. are completely useless while game crashin all time. Asobo looks like to do nothing to fix mostly common problems and make customers more happies.

So none off DLSS help until CTD still be present. Shame shame Asobo!

1 Like

It’s shocking this is still peddled.
Especially the moment you throw on a vr headset it becomes obvious how wrong that is

3 Likes

Oh please, not that again…

It is more or less true when talking about “passive consumption” of motion picture. But in gaming we are introducing control commands which then are effecting movements on screen; so there is some type of expectation involved of how the movement gets translated on screen.

In a nutshell: it is quite favourable to at least run stable (!) 30fps.

3 Likes

Run 25fps in VR and come back to me!

3 Likes

Back on topic: in summer we’ll get DX12 so then I guess DLSS should fit in nicely!

1 Like

Dlss is a must going forward !

1 Like

Yet our eyes noticed a huge difference between 60hz and 144hz monitors.

Those that think that are in the same category as flat earthers…

yes you can process more than 25fps…
way more

5 Likes

Don’t forget to support the next Q&A question about this:
Live Dev Q&A: Guided Question - #86 by Akkulader

Here is one of my latest comment about DLSS and FS2020 going DX12U (therefore with the capability to use DirectML) if ever this matters:

Further comments:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/have-you-looked-into-implementing-dlss-or-fsr-support/385543/4?u=cptlucky8

NB: Some posts were merged, this is why I’m re-post the missing information here.

For me its not the point wich way they go around the hill, DLSS or DirectML, the point is to come to the other side as soon as possible. We need performance. Now!

And dont forget to vote here :pray:

3 Likes

Here are some of the latest news.

Days Gone GeForce Game Ready Driver | GeForce News | NVIDIA

NVIDIA DLSS Comes To No Man’s Sky, AMID EVIL, And Other Games This Month

NVIDIA DLSS (Deep Learning Super Sampling) is a groundbreaking AI rendering technology that increases graphics performance using dedicated Tensor Core AI processors on GeForce RTX GPUs. NVIDIA DLSS taps into the power of a deep learning neural network to boost frame rates and generate beautiful, sharp images for your games. For this reason, developers are adopting the technology en masse, and this month 9 games are either launching with DLSS, or adding it for players via updates.

You can get the complete lowdown on this month’s additions in our dedicated NVIDIA DLSS article, and a quick summary below:

• AMID EVIL: Much loved retro shooter gets an update today, adding ray-traced effects and NVIDIA DLSS, which amps up performance by up to 2.7X at 4K.

• Aron’s Adventure: The action-adventure RPG recently added NVIDIA DLSS using our Unreal Engine 4 plugin, and players saw performance leap by up to 60%.

• Everspace 2: The Early Access space RPG-shooter will be updated today with support for DLSS, increasing performance by up to 80%.

• No Man’s Sky: An upcoming update adds NVIDIA DLSS, accelerating performance by up to 70% at 4K on desktops.

• Redout: Space Assault: Space shooter adds NVIDIA DLSS today, along with ray-traced reflections and shadows, for a more immersive experience.

• Scavengers: Free-to-play shooter launched earlier this month with NVIDIA DLSS, boosting performance for GeForce RTX gamers by up to 40%.

• Wrench: Mechanic sim adds ray tracing and NVIDIA DLSS, and on desktops performance is doubled at 4K when ray tracing is enabled.

GeForce RTX users can now boost performance with NVIDIA DLSS in 50 games, with more integrations launching each and every month. To learn about the latest titles to benefit, stay tuned to GeForce.com.

NVIDIA DLSS Comes To Virtual Reality

DLSS has changed gaming forever by using AI powered by RTX Tensor Cores and a deep learning neural network to boost frame rates and generate beautiful, sharp images for games. DLSS delivers the performance headroom to maximize quality settings and increase output resolution.

Now, this revolutionary technology has been applied to frame rate-hungry virtual reality titles for the first time. The first VR titles that support NVIDIA DLSS are:

• No Man’s Sky: An upcoming update adds NVIDIA DLSS, doubling your framerates in Virtual Reality at the Ultra graphics preset, maintaining 90 FPS on an Oculus Quest 2 with a GeForce RTX 3080.

• Into The Radius VR: Using NVIDIA DLSS, players will discover a noticeable improvement to anti-aliasing, which greatly reduces shimmering and stair-stepping on objects and foliage, further enhancing image quality and immersion.

• Wrench: Ray tracing and DLSS comes to VR in a new update, boosting performance by up to 80% in VR, for a faster, smoother experience, and giving players the headroom to enable new ray-traced effects.

Lot’s of side-by-side 4K videos in this month’s article:

NVIDIA DLSS: No Man’s Sky And 8 Other Games, Including The First VR Titles, Add Performance-Accelerating Tech This Month

PS: I can’t see for the time being how the Xbox version is good in any way for the PC version and simmers though (although not all are using a RTX, 85% PC simmers are using an NVidia, not an AMD - Navigraph survey).

6 Likes

I had held off buying Cyberpunk 2077 until I got an RTX capable card. It does seem like an effective technology, with no discernible degradation in graphics. And it does look amazing!

I can definitely see highly detailed reflective water being a benefit, maybe better representation of sun through clouds, ray traced shadows on the ground from clouds, that sort of thing.

2 Likes

People are using the CPU-limited argument against DLSS support. They are not considering that:

1. Not everyone owns an RTX 3080. DLSS will be of most benefit to those with an RTX 2060, the upcoming RTX 3050, or those who want to run the simulator at 4K with an RTX 2070 for example.

2. VR is already creating lots of GPU-limited scenarios.

3. With the upcoming CPU optimisations, most of which will be delivered with the DirectX 12 patch, many system configurations could end up being GPU-limited.

4. Ray-tracing will be extremely taxing even on today’s high-end GPUs. Those with an RTX 3080 will probably have to forget smooth 4K30 at Ultra and ray-tracing enabled.

5. DLSS is using a world-class TAA solution, which is generally better at resolving fine detail (like thin lines and trees) than native resolution with standard TAA.

6. NVIDIA will continue to improve DLSS over time. It will probably be the only way they can compete against chiplet-based RDNA 3 GPUs after all.

7. While it is showing weaknesses in extreme motion, a flight simulator by its own nature is not creating lots of unpredictable motion. It would be a great match.

I really hope they will take this request more seriously once the engine team are done optimising for the Xbox. There is lots of potential benefit.

11 Likes