NVidia Driver 465.89 is a must have

This is my second day of testing this driver and I am absolutely blown away. I have tested every driver to date with HAGS on and off. This driver performs really well with HAGS on, its very smooth. Best I’ve seen this sim play to date. I have a 9900k, 64GB CAS14 3200Mhz, RTX3090. My sim is currently paused while I type this, I’m typically not that confident in the stability of the sim. Have been slowly increasing LODS again, am at 5.00 Terrain and 4.00 Objects with an average fps of 40 running ultra with 1024 shadows in 3440x1440. Resolution scale 130% any more settings than this just starts to bog down the gpu… back to my flight

4 Likes

I also think it’s a keeper. I was previously stuck on 457.51 as it was the last driver that didn’t cause CTDs with my OC 3090. This driver is just as stable, and offered a few extra FPS. In addition, it enables resize BAR (although I have no titles that support this yet).

2 Likes

Excuse me, maybe I am tired from work today and don’t understant some of yout terms… :frowning:

• HAGS on and off (what is this?)
  • I am at 5.00 Terrain and 4.00 Objects (is it from 0 to 200 maximum?)

Thanks for your patience.

4 Likes

Not sure about the terrain and objects settings they are referring to , maybe some mod that allows larger settings than the sliders in the sim menus.

But HAGS is Hardware-accelerated GPU sheduling, A windows 10 setting in the Graphics setting options.

2 Likes

Yeah, how silly… HAGS is the one you’ve mentioned.

Sorry!

You can go into your usercfg.opt file (where your settings are saved) and manually edit it. 1,0 = 100 in the menu slider. Sliders will only let you set them to 2.0 (200), but you can go beyond in the text file.

1 Like

Ok thanks, think I’ll leave them at standard as I don’t seem to have a problem with the terrain LOD apart from in photogrammetry areas where the draw distance is only a few miles out now. Has been like that since the first update.

1 Like

I rarely stray away from 457.30 these days with my 2070 Super, seems to give me the best results.
But thought I’d give the 465.89 a go and so far it’s looking pretty good. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Further testing in heavy weather. All the same settings but 100% resolution scale rather then %130. Smooth like butter. Flight from Toronto to London, Ontario Canada. Solid in zero visibility as well
Google Photos

2 Likes

Hello,
I have moved your post to PC & Hardware, as that is where discussions of CPUs, memory, graphics cards, drivers, etc. goes.

2 Likes

Wonder if this would work great in 4K

I have a i9-10900k / rtx 3090 and I do have HAGS turned on.
Nothing modified yet for the terrain but I am playing in 4K. Thinking of downgrading to 1440p but I don’t know if there’s a huge difference in visuals.

Once you do that, though, you need to make the file read only or making any other modifications changes it back to a max of 200.

1 Like

Hi!

Since we are on this subject… has anyone tried the Resizable BAR tecnology that this new driver introduced… on Flight Simulator? Do we have any performance gains?

Thanks!

1 Like

Yep. Been holding on to 457.30 all this time. Tried each update as they came out and always went back. 465.89 is now my new keeper. Very smooth. HAGS on.

System Specs:
asrock z390 phantom gaming mobo
I7-9700k @ 4.9 GHz
32 GB Ram
Geforce RTX 2070 running 1440p 32" Acer monitor
FS is on dedicated 500gb M.2
Internet download speed average 450 Mbps

2 Likes

Well, you guys have me sold. Going to update today and give it a try.

2 Likes

I’d be game for a go but i dont fit the specs. im a generation behind for it

Sadly, I can’t use this version because it crashes everyone’s Prepar3D right away. NVidia is aware so likely there will be a new version soon, but for now it’s unusable for me because I fly P3D as much as MSFS.

Hopefully Nvidia gets on that soon then

Yeah - that’s a big issue when literally every user of the latest P3D version is affected.

2 Likes

I have a similar system, but with the RTX2060. Can you explain how it’s better than 457.30? Just smoother? As in less microstutters? Just trying to better understand and minimize lots of driver changes.

Thanks!

2 Likes