Nvidia GeForce Game Ready Driver 531.68 Discussion

New Driver released today APR/18/2023. Nvidia Driver 531.68

Game Ready

This new Game Ready Driver provides the best gaming experience for the latest new titles including Star Wars Jedi: Survivor and Dead Island 2.

Fixed Bugs

• [Immortals Fenyx Rising] is randomly crashing to desktop after a driver update to 531.41.
  • Shadowplay incorrectly getting engaged within EA Play application.
  • [Counter Strike 2] Enabling Reflex may reduce performance.
2 Likes

I ust it at this moment since 2 hours, good FPS not stutters and until now no CTD

3 Likes

These issues are still open in case people are wondering :

Increase in DPC latency observed in Latencymon [3952556]
Applying GeForce Experience Freestyle filters cause games to crash [4008945]

4 Likes

Many thanks for info… Still I will have to jump it. I strongly use nvidia filters

2 Likes

Thanks i have too jump too i work with filters

1 Like

Another bird in the boat, have to jump it aswell. DPC latency and DAW production don’t coexist very well.

If only Asobo would fix DX12 ground textures, DX12 would be complete for me. Although it’s about 5 fps less than DX11, it’s a lot smoother than DX11. Just the issue with ground textures.

I remember when Asobo stated that it would be fixed with Nvidia driver updates after SU10, but so far nothing. I don’t think Asobo have even mentioned DX12 since SU 10.

Bit off topic, but just with so many drivers released after SU10, it just gets me thinking who needs to fix what. Nvidia or Asobo??? :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

I’m using it with Nvidia filters and no crashes. Why don’t you try it instead of jumping it?

How about the “your graphics device has encountered a problem” (or something like that) crash that users of dx12 have recently been plagued with?

7 Likes

Using the filters as well, I’ll stay on the 531.29 for now. Still the best right? (RTX 3060 Ti)

1 Like

Offtopic!
Point me out to that statement from Asobo because I’ve never read that in the Dx12 “textures” thread or any similar place.
They are well aware of the issue and are working on it.
AMD cards also suffer from that issue over Dx12 (my previous amd gpu happened to have it), I don’t see how linked it is to drivers as you affirm, or “they” affirm quoting what you said. Since my Nvidia card never suffered from that issue.
There must be a big warning when enabling Dx12 saying, “still in beta phase”.

Here is the current CLEANED version of the new Nvidia driver 531.68

Charles.

3 Likes

Nothing fixed for MSFS so why update…

5 Likes

Not related at all, but man, I remember having epic weekend long LAN parties playing Counter Strike :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Because we can always hope that maybe this one won’t crash the sim in DX12 like the last 4 releases :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks , you have Dx 11or Dx12 ?

I’m using DX12.

I had made 3 flights yesterday and no problems, no CTD with the new driver and DX12

It might be my personal feeling and impression but with this new driver, performance is way worse and stutterry again on my system. Will pause MSFS for a while after having spent more hours trying to find the bottleneck than actually enjoying the game…

1 Like

Why bother to update any Anti-Virus and software including system drivers motherboard driver and processor driver. None of those have anything to to with MSFS either. :thinking:

Charles.