Nvidia Hot-fix Driver, (regular and cleaned version) 531.26

This thread is for the discussion of the new Nvidia hot-fix driver 531.26.

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5450

Experience the new RTX Video Super Resolution AI upscaling feature with NVIDIA’s latest hotfix driver release 531.26. This update addresses the reported CPU usage bug in Game Ready Driver 531.18 and is compatible with RTX 30 and 40 series cards, as well as Chrome or Edge internet browsers.

Charles

2 Likes

This being a ‘hot fix’ driver, do I need to follow my standard procedure of deleting the current driver before installing a new one? Or do I just install 531.26 over the top of 531.18?

2 Likes

Hello Begotten,

Yes, you need to remove the previous driver, just as you would normally. This a complete driver which has had a fix applied to it.

BRGDS

Charles.

1 Like

I’ve never bothered and have never had a problem. Am I lucky?

2 Likes

Same here. I’ve never removed a previous driver before installing a new one. The G-Force Experience installs the new one and all is well. Isn’t it great being lucky!

3 Likes

I’m even luckier - I’ve never seen the need to use the “Experience” element either!

1 Like

Wow! This luck thing is growing exponentially. Which is a word you don’t get to use much in everyday conversation. How lucky am I!

1 Like

For anyone else curious, this version doesn’t seem to apply to non-2/3 series cards. In other words, if you have a dino 1080 like me, I don’t think this version is needed. I could be wrong, but when I go to download drivers it only lists .18.

I’ve done a clean uninstall of my drivers once, during a downgrade. Other than that I’ve never once done it and have never had a problem. There’s a reason nvidia themselves doesn’t tell you to do it: It’s not necessary 99.99% of times. It’s one of those old tech support tips people swear by that is largely a placebo. I suspect once upon a time it really mattered, but all the articles I’ve read say it prevents “conflicts” and I doubt that’s a real concern in 2023.

3 Likes

Either way works, when giving advise to somebody I choose the safest option for them and for me.

Charles.

Here is the CLEAN version of the hot-fix driver. This driver has had the extra bloatware removed from the driver. G-Force Experience has also been removed.

Charles.

2 Likes

MSFS will certainly crash to desktop (CTD) caused by nvwgf2umx.dll if you

• use HAGS ON (you need it for DLSS 3.0 Frame Generation on RTX4090)
  • use Nvidia Filters (you get significantly better visuals)
  • use Nvidia driver 531.18 or 531.26

Neither the 531.18 or the 531.26 crashes to desktop for me.

I don’t think you can state definitively that this will occur for everyone, as you posting suggests.

Charles.

4 Likes

Do you run MSFS using DX12 on Win11 with HAGS ON (I need it for DLSS 3.0 Frame Generation on RTX4090) and do you use Nvidia Filters (like Details, Brightens/Contrast, Sharpen, etc.)?

I can regenerate CTD (caused by nvwgf2umx.dll) with both drivers (531.18 and 531.26), but not with Nvidia driver 528.49.

CTD occurs approaching a demanding airport (i.e. Dallas airport - KDFW).

PLEASE…

If you are having a problem with an Nvidia driver, PLEASE report the issue to Nvidia using their FEEDBACK FORM…

BRGDS

Charles.

531.29 is out… =)

3 Likes

Did you test the new 531.41?

I’m starting a flight right now soon I will say my feeling