Nvidia Hotfix Driver 531.58 Discussion

Nvida has released Hotfix Driver 531.58 today, April/4/2023.

This hotfix addresses the following issues:

1. [The Last of Us Part 1] Game may randomly crash during gameplay on GeForce RTX 30 series GPUs
  2. Assassin’s Creed Origins may have stability issues when using 531.18.
  3. [Resident Evil 4 Remake] Corruption in the game when FXAA enabled
3 Likes

Sooo…any relevance to MSFS?

3 Likes

Glad to see enough of us still playing AC Origins to make it into patch notes.

1 Like

The Drivers are getting worst and worst. Most drivers that are coming out are not made for MSFS that is pushing DLLS.

1 Like

The Drivers may not be specific to MSFS, but there could be something in there that helps performance. If not, well it’s not a big deal to roll back to the previous Driver you had.

There’s some folks here that reinstall the entire Sim and sometimes even Windows (or reset their X-Box), because they think they lost 2 fps. lol

9 Likes

That’s so true however I have never seen any release notes on a driver update that is specifically for MSFS. Not even if it was a small input. MSFS is pushing DLSS saying that the Sim will work better. When has there been any driver updates that lean towards MSFS?

Nvidia are working on some issues that are affecting MSFS.
Note the Sticky From 531.41 Driver.

Working so far for me .No CTD yet with 531.58

3 Likes

Can anyone confirm wether the hotfix driver solves the DX12 issue where the “your video card wnounteted a problem”-popup comes up and CTD the sim?

yea same here as well my sim CTD with this latest Nvidia driver all my other games are fine though.
if anything the people at Nvidia will probly have a hot fix in week or so i think.

i’ll test 531.58 on my rig to see if it work or not.

1 Like

So far 531.58 works for me no CTD or pop up message.

2 Likes

Although not directly referring to the Hotfix 531.58, I found this in the release notes of 531.41:

“5.12 Do Not Use Windows Rollback for
Graphics Drivers
To reinstall a previous or older NVIDIA graphics driver, do not use the Windows rollback
feature. This method will not reliably restore all the previous driver files.
Instead, use the Windows Add and Remove programs to remove the current driver, and
then install the older driver using setup.exe.
Release 530 Driver for Windows, Version 531.41 RN-08399-531.41_v01 | 27
5.13 Uninstalling Drivers Using Device
Manager is Not Supported
5.13.1 Issue
On all supported versions of Microsoft Windows, uninstalling the NVIDIA driver using the
Windows Device Manager may not remove associated files or applications.
5.13.2 Explanation
Microsoft has confirmed that this behavior is by design. If you wish to uninstall the NVIDIA
driver, it is recommended that you do so using Add and Remove Programs.
See the Microsoft KB article 2278714”

Is hotfix driver a full driver or de we need to get the latest full driver and then update with this? (dont remember). The hotfix driver is as usual not showing up in Geforce Experience!

1 Like

Yes

Nope - just install hotfix.

oh… there are one…or two…

the beginning:

This new Game Ready Driver provides the latest performance optimizations, profiles, and bug
fixes for Microsoft Flight Simulator

and I remember a VR fix:

but most important:

:rofl:

2 Likes

Thanks Micha for the information
I didn’t know that Nvidia did some work on the VR side of things for MSFS. I have a 4080 and I still feel it is not enough for VR.
Here are the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 System Requirements (Minimum)

1. CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 or AMD Ryzen 3 1200 or better.
  2. RAM: 8 GB.
  3. OS: Windows 10 64-bit.
  4. VIDEO CARD: Radeon RX 570 or GeForce GTX 770 or better.
  5. PIXEL SHADER: 5.0.
  6. VERTEX SHADER: 5.0.
  7. FREE DISK SPACE: 150 GB.
  8. DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 2048 MB.

no card is really ready for VR, at least if we want same level of details and same resolution as in 2D per eye. Additional I heard , and can imagine ( I not own VR ), that low fps in VR are more worst than in 2D. So the cards must offer stable 60fps in a resolution 4K x 2 , and thats not an easy job, currently.
Therefore nvidia created such nep algorithm like DLSS with the promise that it looks better than native, but its nothing else than a downscale and a very-clever upscale. The results are good and helps to manage also VR, but its far away from “better than native” ( I dont mean DLAA ). The GPUs itself suffer from same problem like the CPUs, the performance-increase stagnate since years or need utopic power-value (watt).
The drivers can be optimized, but of course at a point x its end of the story. With low-level apis like DX12 there is more “posibility” by the game-developers itself, but optimizing such complex things, is not easy and need often a long time.

The minimum spec of a game also never cover VR ( and I’am pretty sure playing msfs with a gtx770 in 2D will also not really be fun :slight_smile: )

Related to the 531.58: I hoped to see a note about the issue, that the nvidia driver crashs and we need to fallback to .29 ( or only use dx11 ). But seems this is still under investigation and so I not update the driver currently.

1 Like

Is anyone still having issues with this GPU so called overheating and or over clocking? I haven’t been able to get into much after the loading screen and most times it’s crashes and flickers now after these updates then it crashes. But when it loads I cannot go pass the hangar before it completely crashes……