Nvidia Image Scaling NIS and VR

I wish I had read this from the start. A very clear and understandable description. Instead, I was watching a ton of basically useless YT videos describing only the process with no decent explanation, wrong settings, and half-truths. Thanks a ton for this.

Hello. I am currently getting a CTD. I will load the NIS upscaler, then OpenXR, then will open MSFS2020 in 2D mode. Once all is loaded and I get to the main menu, I will push the buttons to activate my VR Headset (Reverb G1) and then the game will just crash there, reverting back to Windows. Not sure if it’s a DX11/12 problem (I’m running DX12, how do I revert to 11 if that’s the case?), but it seems to not be working at all. Any help is appreciated.

Reverb G1
RTX 2080 Super

DX12 is not fully supported by NIS. To change to DX11, go to Options > General Options > Graphics. The option to change the version of DirectX is available there. See screenshot below:

1 Like

Thank you! This is simply amazing. It’s not just the sharpness/clarity this has given, but it’s allowed me to play this game again, where before it was a vomit-inducing slideshow.

1 Like

Try a different USB3.x Gen 2 connection… at least to eliminate that possibility.

Got a 12v USB3.1 Gen2 hub designed for data ?

I have one hub that’s 3.0 designed for data which I use for connecting my HOTAS. I have a single 3.2 Gen 2 port that I put my headset in.

Power supply from USB wire is 5v. If you’d use hubs designed for high data transfer, pick the ones that has 12v external supply. The 12v is for circuits inside the hub. USB wire still carry just 5v.

With 12v supply, the hub can pull up to logic 1 from logic 0 faster, allowing you to communicate high freq better. There’s losses in the Usb wire, worse at higher speed, so the digital “square” wave gets deformed. The 12v pull up circuits allows faster repairing of high frequency digital waveforms before it gets to motherboard.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.