Oamaru (NZOU), New Zealand tower in middle of runway

NZOU still has a large light tower in the middle of the runway

You are better off reporting things like this through the Zendesk linked at the top of the forum. :+1:

3 Likes

There is a tower on the runway at NZOU Oamaru New Zealand. Seems to be missplaced unless it’s a thing in New Zealand ;D

I haven’t been to NZOU, but somehow, I doubt there is a tower on the end of the runway. Please file a support ticket: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Yes the tower is still there. I reported it to zendesk.

Thanks for reporting it to Zendesk, it will allow the developers to triage the issue and fix it when they have time. It might take a while as they have more important bugs to fix, hopefully, it will get fixed when they remove the tower from the taxiway at Tribhuvan International.

Picked a couple random airports to fly from and to…my destination happened to be NZOU. Upon landing I found something that shouldn’t be where it was. I did not search to see if this was found and mentioned already, but I did report it to Zendesk just in case.

I just randomly picked this airport as my destination…and it’s still there. Didn’t run a search, thus I posted about it just now. and I did submit it to zendesk, which I’m guessing is a repeat now.

Thanks for reporting to Zendesk, I would recommend searching for ‘NZOU’.

After I posted, then I did the search and saw people had run into it as far back as mid August.

I need to remember to do a search first…before posting.

I ran into one of those (not literally) in Talkeetna, Alaska, too.

1 Like

There’s one in Kathmandu as well.

1 Like

Exactly why we need an airport gateway system.

1 Like

It is 23rd of decenber 2020 , just reporting tower still on runway .

Be sure to report it again in Zendesk. What I usually do is find my original bug report and find the section that says:

This request is closed for comments. You can create a follow-up.

Then click that and open a new bug and say “This is still an issue in (whatever version number it is).”

NZOU runway 36
NZOU 2s
NZOUss

2 Likes

This great freeware addon fixes the issue and enhances to airport to payware level quality: NZA Simulations - NZOU Oamaru V1.0 » Microsoft Flight Simulator

Hello, could you please (or someone else on this thread) confirm that this has been resolved? When I looked at the runway, I didn’t see anything. (But I did several months ago.)

I have not heard any responses in two weeks, and have not seen this on runway 18/36, so I am marking this resolved.