OAT of 248 C ?! (Impacts negatively on aircraft performance and autopilot function)

At least miscalculations when converting units has some tradition in aviation:
Gimli Glider - Wikipedia

2 Likes

Call me old fashioned, but I like when a company tries not to break from tradition.

2 Likes

I have 100+ mods “linked” Community folder that would claim otherwise, and no CTDs either.

1 Like

now you all know what to do if ice forming at your bird

Every day somthing new breaks in the sim.
Even my fuel evaporates at those temps.

Uh…ya it does matter. Live weather is one of the core features of the simulator and is one the users should have a reasonable expectation that it will work as advertised when buying their product. And if it is actually a matter of only a few days downtime, that would be acceptable, however, there was a response to a user below that suggested it would be weeks, or longer, to include the fix in a “future release”. That’s equivalent to buying a new car and the A/C goes out, and the dealer tells you it will be a while before we can fix it, but that’s ok, you can just roll down all your windows.

11 Likes

Still an issue with live weather in the UK:

TBM 930 No Mods
Depart EGHH RWY 26
Climb to 6000ft
Climb to FL180 OAT: -15c Wind: 259/41
Climb to FL220 OAT: -19c Wind: 274/53
Climb to FL240 OAT: -23c Wind: 277/57
Climb to FL260 at 24850 OAT: 248c Wind: 280/56
Throttle to idle and descend, recovered OAT back to normal
Repeated climb to FL246 same again, recovered by throttle to idle and descent.

Flew back to EGHH and a happy landing.

1 Like

Flying is impossible… (TAT: 263°C at FL250)

1 Like

Asobo…please fix this before the weekend?! I fly jetliner and long range! so definitely fly above 26000…now i cant fly…also flying below 26000 very easy struck mountain!! Pls fix this asap.

4 Likes

Incorrect. There is an update that will be beta tested Monday and is scheduled to be released ASAP.

Misinformation is what causes these threads to get out of hand. Asobo is aware of the problem and is scrambling to get it fixed. At the request (demand) of the community they will be running a limited flight test before releasing it.

The alternative is to push through an untested hotfix. If something was not completely fixed or something broke, the forum would be back screaming that they didn’t test before releasing.

Yes, Live Weather is a key component of the sim. The fact that it is having some issues right now does not prevent anyone from flying. Just plan accordingly. That’s what pilots do. Plan the flight according to current restrictions, mitigate the risks and go fly.

If it helps your “immersion”, I am officially releasing a NOTAM;

NOTAM

Issued :
17:40
Friday, December 3, 2021
Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)

Due to unstable high altitude weather conditions, avoid operations using the “Live Weather” setting above FL200 until further notice. Flights above FL200 are required to use a preset weather setting.

2 Likes

They made the problem worse WITHOUT a client-side update; it’s ridiculous to think it would require a client-side update to fix it.

2 Likes

Yep, same thing here.

Departed with OS393 from LOWW-LEBL didn´t even get to leave Austria.
Issue as reported aboe FL245 on 29.92 qnh.

30 Minutes of flight planning and 15 minutes of procedures and takeoff down the drain.

Kind of a game breaking bug, without dynamic weather you there isn´t really a challenge anymore tbh.

2 Likes

i remember one p3d version has similar if use real weather mod, you got on the ground 75*c… i don’t remember what aircraft was, but she cannot go faster than 25knts lol. just imagine you ready to go, push forward and ac no go faster than 25… and then you look at temp hahaha

2 Likes

Cmon guys, I know it’s a ridiculously annoying bug, but you can do shorter hops or fly VFR/bush flying in the meantime. Plenty of things to do in the sim when flying below FL230 :slight_smile:
Go for a base training, traffic patterns on VATSIM, mountain hopping in STOL planes… endless possibilites.

2 Likes

Sure we could, but none of us paid for this to be limited by shoddy developers. We should be able to do whatever we want because it’s what we bought.

4 Likes

This needs to be fixed immediately.

1 Like

They made the problem worse WITHOUT a client-side update; it’s ridiculous to think it would require a client-side update to fix it.

Hey, that’s enough of your logic!

2 Likes

I wish some of the guys who went through Xplane development could comment here.

MSFS is one year in development… things went and definitely will go broke.
We have plenty of world updates to our disposal, so many things to explore, so many situations to train for.
You can pick a random airport, fly to FL250, simulate a dual engine failure and try to land at the nearest IFR capable airport. Tremendous work flow to work through. Then if you land safely you can get your dopamine and serotonine boost for a work well done :).

I know and get your frustration, I paid for the sim as well and I expect it to behave, but coding such a large dual platform sim is pretty hard and like I said, things ought to go wrong sometimes.
A fix will come, definitely before February, perhaps before Christmas. Be patient :).

4 Likes

Yes, I suppose that is the reason why they want to push all the fixes together, including this one. Just that this one does not really require the client update, hence a little disappointed. But alas, in the end possibly better be safe than sorry, and get the ok from the beta-crowd that it really is fixed.

You have a simulator that advertises bugs and CTDs! That’s cool. I mean they all have them, but yours advertises them. Send me a link please.

1 Like