OAT of 248 C ?! (Impacts negatively on aircraft performance and autopilot function)

There is. Take the F18 with full afterburner and punch up above FL450.

Getting +282°C at 28,000ft. Even got a Brake Temp warning!
This is a joke, sick of being MS lab rat.

5 Likes

New to forum. How will I know when this is fixed?

How come this bug has just appeared over the last couple of days?

Because of server-side tweaks that made the existing issue worse. And they seem unwilling to revert – you’d think this would be a simple fix. Insane that they’re so averse to reverting a bad server tweak that they’re leaving it broken over the weekend and not addressing it until the next client-side hotfix drops next week. I hope I’m wrong and they fix it on their servers soon, but it’s looking more and more like this is the case.

4 Likes

If it would be a simple [strg]+[z] solution they would have already fixed it.
It could even be a natural phenomenon in the atmosphere that caused an input in the weathermodel which let the already known bug wander down from FL400.

A dev screwing up a tweak and an organizational process unable to address it expediently, vs. a bug in the weather model that has a life of its own, and only gets worse, and has only fluctuated once since SU7. I think Occam’s razor favors the former.

It would not be the only fluctuating bug in the atmosphere, that altitude bug were the atc spams about the flight level is also still there under certain conditions, it affected me a few times after it was considered “fixed”.

1 Like

It’s fixed now, might need sim restart

4 Likes

Will believe it when I confirm it – we’ve had a bunch of false alarms today about this.

fixed for me aswell and matt from WT confirmed on discord that a fix had been pushed

4 Likes

Retesting now: I’m flying over Japan right now and was affected an hour ago at FL340 - plane fell out of the sky - now I’m up to FL360 and no boiling champagne yet. Will report back if otherwise.

1 Like

Confirmed, im FL270 and climbing near EDDF, -38 °C TAT, -48 °C SAT.

1 Like

Problem solved.

If you’re talking about the post randomly hidden amongst that thread where it’s mentioned “I believe a fix for that will be a part of testing in next week’s flight.”, I’m afraid that’s really not good enough. This sim still feels like a bit of a school project and it’s going to be heading into 2 years old in the next couple of months - that is insane.

Anyway, supposedly this issue is now fixed, will have to test tomorrow.

Confirm, Fixed … Thanks Asobo

fixed-temp-fl

71f58768e160289ff6c5a9d94831af61e4e98597_2_690x7811

4 Likes

Also can confirm, that it is fixed.

Not 100% on this but I think they may have fixed the lack of wind gusts too?

im seeing here that it was announced it was fixed, iv looked on twitter, facebook and here and cant see the “official announcement”

can anyone point me in the right direction for future so i can see where this is so i dont bother anyone

thanks

They fixed it like 20 minutes ago, they can’t react that fast…

They didn’t, I’ve tested that. I was flying just when they were doing the server fix. METAR injected winds stopped working for a time, they’re working now… still without gusts. But the temperatures seem to be fixed, that’s great :slight_smile:

1 Like