OAT of 248 C ?! (Impacts negatively on aircraft performance and autopilot function)

Oh not this again!

Guess it back to the workaround used back in July. Live weather on for takeoff, turn it off above FL180, repeat process for descent.

This was listed in the Known Issues when the update was put out, so it shouldn’t be a shock when you see it happen.

Regards

No it wasn’t. What was listed was high temperature above flight level 430.

This is now happening at flight level 230 and above. So, yes it should be a shock, and is a shock as judged by all the posts about it in the last few hours.

Regards.

24 Likes

Agree I flew yesteday at FL380 all was fine, today could not get past FL240…which is no good when you spend 40 min planning your flight…commence from cold and dark, programming your FMS…so its not what is expected.

8 Likes

Not exactly. The weather issue was at FL440 and above at launch of SU7. And it didn’t shoot temps up to 250C.

They’ve done something earlier today server side that broke the weather even worse.

6 Likes

Weirdly enough the ISA deviation seems correct although ISA -31 might be a little cold. The aircraft should immediately lose performance and descent though at such a temperature. ITT is over limits mot not by that much, you certainly won’t be able to reach 90% at such a low density :joy:.

Point taken, but I suspect that whatever they’re doing as they try to fix the higher-level temp problem is just migrating to other altitudes rather than just being “fixed”. So maybe they just need to just delete the altitude in the known issues and say the temp spikes when it shouldn’t.
Regards

1 Like

I have no doubt they’re working on stuff server-side trying to fix issues, and in the process broke it worse than it was before. It’s par for the course, it seems.

And I’m sure t will take a week or more of angry people reporting it in the forum before they fix it.

7 Likes

It is yeassirr

Where the heck is Asobo on all of this?? Why don’t they come out at least with a statement that servers are down or something??

Is it because they don’t want to be seen with more of a mess?

Not one word. Smh

3 Likes

Global warming folks :joy:

On a serious note I’ve not had this bug yet, so maybe not affecting everybody!

1 Like

What flight did you do, see if I can reproduce it?

Or maybe pics would help.

Cheers

I’m gonna start flying by the call sign “Icarus” when I’m in jets. I have my F-15 at 25K now, but if I go 26K, FIRE!!!

2 Likes

I did KJFK-DNMM with no issues, but maybe because I loaded in prior to issues?

1 Like

True I mean it could be a server issue, because there has been no update to create this new bug.

2 Likes

Yeah, magic boundary is FL250. Flying KDEN - KFSD. Switching off live weather and it works.

2 Likes

Yep just happened to me a few minutes ago flying from KLAX. Passing FL260 aircraft couldnt climb.

1 Like

Same here. Flying the CRJ-900 from
EDDB to EDDL.

Temp jumps from -11 to +256 around FL240.

Great. Fun. Not.

If this is only happening from today, can we conclude that stealth patching is now a thing with the weather system? This kind of a bug can’t appear from nowhere without changes being made to the code, and I certainly didn’t see any update.
In the past we’ve had to wait for sim updates for bugs like this to be fixed, or even introduced.

4 Likes

yep got the same, above FL240. Temp + 255 LOL