Object Loading Distance? An observation

Evening all (first post, so be gentle)

I’ve owned MSFS since launch and enjoyed it immensely , especially with the release of Fenix. I’ve got a few mods, including EGKK and LMML airports.

It’s always bugged me that you actually see the scenery for these airports loading in very, very close. I’ve experimented with all sorts of settings and concluded that nothing we can currently alter makes any difference. As an example, you can actually see runway signs and runway light stalks load in as you progress along the runway, post-landing.

However, unless I went blind (quite possible…) landing at a default (and not handmade by Asobo) airport like EGLC works fine, with no visible load in.

Land at the MSFS Deluxe EGLL on 27L and watch the car parks load in under a mile in the distance.

So…is this something to do with handmade/mod airports vs the default versions?

This has to be one of my major immersion-breaking issues. I’ve managed to get it running in DX12 reasonably well and loving it, but it could be so much better with a fully loaded airport on approach! :slight_smile:

I think there is something going on with the scenery around EGLL. I use a trip from EGLC to EGLL to test various settings etc. The airport loads in very late, framerate drops, stuttering starts and occasionally the sim will crash. Framerate starts at a smooth 50+ at EGLC and over London and starting a mile or so out the frames will drop well below 20. ???