Objects and terrain Drawdistance very BAD on Svalbard. Latitude bug?

Terrain and objects on Svalbard have a critical problem with drawdistance, its realy low, like 100meters or something. I watched that Asobo found a bug with the latitude for the trees distance, but i wonder if this is the same for the terrain and objects to.

Yes the same here…approached EDAH Heringsdorf. From 2-4nm away, there was just a runway…the airport popped out 30 seconds bevor landing…

The airport is not the worst, it is the groundcrew and other objects plus textures loading in the terrain is awful drawdistance. Like nothing.

I realy hope this bug will be solved in the SU5.

I was about to make a post and then saw this. The airport itself isn’t bad for me but the area around it is terrible. Strangely it seems to be replacing what looks like good photo textures with basic textures as you fly over the terrain.

That is because of the latitude bug i think. Terrible drawdistance. The good quality photos should load in much further away.

I think it’s because Bing has crappy imagery for that region. Nothing they can do about it other than acquiring new imagery.

I find it a bit strange that they decided to model Svalbard airport when the surrounding area looks that bad.

One year later, still not fixed

And will most likely never get fixed.

I hope now that they are working on Canada as a WU, they may look into that latitude bug

still nothing, let’s hope for FS2024 to do it better!